Lt. Commander
# 1 Reman Guard Captain
02-14-2010, 09:31 AM
First off, let me say, WOW, what a worthy adversary.

I came across one of these guys at the end of a Khazan Exploration mission, saving a bunch of weird looking things who built machinery from the Remans. I kill everything off and make my way to the last group. A Reman Guard Captain and 3 of his little guard buddies. Thinking this as just another pull, I go in guns blazing. Next thing I know, I'm on the floor, swarmed with this invisible purple guys. What the hell?

I've never come across a Reman Guard Captain before, so I didn't know what to expect. I'm not even sure how to fight them other than brute force. His little summons (purple invisible guys) go all over the place, and then usually focus on the science officer I have assigned to healing. Once he's down it's game over. And their attacks go right through his shields, so there's really no helping him.

So, plans, strategies, will I see more, I need details. I'm really dreading my next encounter with one, because these guys just **** me off. Fun, but insanely difficult, so I must not be doing something right.

For those unsure of what I mean by invisible purple guys, I took a screenshot.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 11:46 AM
Simply focus yourself and all of your BOffs on the Guard Captain itself. Once it drops, its purple clones vanish. Unload everything, use all debuffs, and bring the hurt on it. That should allow you to take it out with little difficultly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 02:53 PM
The Problem is, the damage goes straight through shield, and they are many hits, like a machine gun. A Retreating Fight to speretate helps if you can`t focus him down.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 04:48 PM
I think it is a mind attack or something as shields have no effect on it and every time I have encountered those guys they kick butt over and over.

A storyline mission took me 6 respawns to be able to defeat the boss I was fighting because he would summon these guys and they would all use that attack.

3-4 hits by it and I am gone and then the BO's would go too. Not fun.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 08:23 PM
It can take 2-3 cycles of expose/exploit to get rid of him. Focus all fire on him, use BO exposes abilities, and rifle butt him yourself until you can exploit him. This is the only way I've been able to beat this encounter. A side effect of rifle butt is that he spends time on his butt, not attacking.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlyng
It can take 2-3 cycles of expose/exploit to get rid of him. Focus all fire on him, use BO exposes abilities, and rifle butt him yourself until you can exploit him. This is the only way I've been able to beat this encounter. A side effect of rifle butt is that he spends time on his butt, not attacking.
^^^^ This right here.
Stay within the zone of your fabricated medical generator if you have a one.
Glue yourself to your team's medic.
Focus all team fire on the captain.
Use every available buff and debuff you have.

They're probably the most annoying ground mission enemy I've come across.
But they can be defeated.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-14-2010, 11:32 PM
The Legits are almost as annoying.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2010, 02:37 AM
First challenge ever in STO these guys! I want more of this!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2010, 06:36 AM
Wait for the story-mission on the remains of Remus. There you get one captain at the end.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowpig View Post
Wait for the story-mission on the remains of Remus. There you get one captain at the end.
The guard captains in the missions have been nerfed, you can do them easily as +3 s.

However, when you come across this guy in explores, even tho they are only at your level, they are tough.

This guy at RA5 along with his little friends can dropp a full epic geared scientist in a medic kit in a second if you pop your head out at the wrong time.

The summons heal him when they mind dmg you, LOS the summons and focus the boss. 1 eng 4 sci.
Closed Thread