Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 91
02-15-2010, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zautin View Post
If you want to come and defend your fleet, thats fine. Don't try to make up excuses that are flat out lies to what occured. Let it be clear what they did was cloak griefing.

The only fleet mate I had in that match with me is a Science officer in a science ship, as skilled as you can be at that level for finding cloaked ships.

10-12km ? in an arena that spans 100km ? Do the math, if someone wants to cloak grief its easy as hell to avoid detection.

I named them simply to show it was not the entire fleet, i used your fleet name because they flaunt it on thier ships and brought your fleet and our faction a bad name. I have said it before, i will not stand for that.

I have always respected BoK being a pre-release fleet, however if your members are willing to do these sort of things then it makes me wonder who is directing/allowing that kind of behavior.

If you by chance read into the thread you would see we faced them again, if you want to know what i said go read it.


Za'Rex

This is my last reply as you are simply being a brick wall that thinks he is right all the time.

"If you want to come and defend your fleet, thats fine. Don't try to make up excuses that are flat out lies to what occured. [b]Let it be clear what they did was cloak griefing"

How can you be 100% this is what they were doing, the ONLY and i mean ONLY way to be 100% is for one of them to say so, they havn't so ther is always a 1% chance that something else had come up. DO not work in absolutes, it just meakes you look silly.

At the moment, all you are really doing is giving yourself a bad name as an imense **** for trying to do it like this, bring the point u p that this is happening, don't bother shaming people, ti could of been brushed off as the XXXXXXXth time this has happened, but you decied to try and shame people, grow up.

You are obviously not reading the post either, you ask how we are setup, who is organizing the fleet, this was told to you about 6 posts ago that things like this are dealt with and when we have the full story im sure a proper decision will be made, once again you just made another low punch to try and have a go at a fleet.

Thankfully your forum name is hopefully your ST account name, so i can ignore you yay, why can't this function be put on the forum? But i do suggest yopu got take your arrogant, elitist attitude somewhere else and constructivley bring up points in future so they get addressed instead of made a laughing joke out of because you don';t know how to play nice.

Im playing nice and i don't want to get angry, end of transmission

Regards

Sko'ti
IKS Toaster
Eng/cruiser
Proud to be BoK
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 92
02-15-2010, 07:24 AM
* sigh*

I'd respond as leader of BoK, but when I see someone using a term like "coward" when talking about a computer game I know instantly that anything I say won't matter. Obviously the person doing it is a bit deranged and it's not worth wasting time on.

Have nice day.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 93
02-15-2010, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zautin View Post
The same song 3 or 4 times at least in this thread, its getting old.

Anything short of what i've stated in this thread is a lie, Period.

Za'Rex

So you know for a fact that there was no emergency? No one needed to take a krap? Sheehat happens, you know.

I was upset for 2 or 3 days and ranted in a thread I made (about something totally different). Do you know how stupid I feel now? I apologized in that thread. It's game to enjoy. Don't take a perceived bad moment here and there so seriously.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 94
02-15-2010, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marklarr View Post
This is my last reply as you are simply being a brick wall that thinks he is right all the time.

"If you want to come and defend your fleet, thats fine. Don't try to make up excuses that are flat out lies to what occured. [b]Let it be clear what they did was cloak griefing"

How can you be 100% this is what they were doing, the ONLY and i mean ONLY way to be 100% is for one of them to say so, they havn't so ther is always a 1% chance that something else had come up. DO not work in absolutes, it just meakes you look silly.

At the moment, all you are really doing is giving yourself a bad name as an imense **** for trying to do it like this, bring the point u p that this is happening, don't bother shaming people, ti could of been brushed off as the XXXXXXXth time this has happened, but you decied to try and shame people, grow up.

You are obviously not reading the post either, you ask how we are setup, who is organizing the fleet, this was told to you about 6 posts ago that things like this are dealt with and when we have the full story im sure a proper decision will be made, once again you just made another low punch to try and have a go at a fleet.

Thankfully your forum name is hopefully your ST account name, so i can ignore you yay, why can't this function be put on the forum? But i do suggest yopu got take your arrogant, elitist attitude somewhere else and constructivley bring up points in future so they get addressed instead of made a laughing joke out of because you don';t know how to play nice.

Im playing nice and i don't want to get angry, end of transmission

Regards

Sko'ti
IKS Toaster
Eng/cruiser
Proud to be BoK



Enough of this garbage, Read the thread.


My fleet mate was attacked by all 5 of your cloak griefing fleetmates as we were warping out.
He did post that if you would read.

What does this say about your fleet, man must of been a Serious emergency.....


But seriously , keep going. Fleet defending fail blind trolls of fail. Sound about right?



Za'Rex
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 95
02-15-2010, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KutsusOG
You say you make them fight for the win, but apparently that sentiment isn't held for all of your fleet. Forcing people to leave because you sat far away cloaked for 15 minutes is a pretty cheap tactic no matter how you look at it. It keeps both sides from getting any points for the battle and doesn't prove anything except you are unwilling to take a loss here and there. Most feds will stay for that long because like you said, ques are long and they need pvp points just as much as you do. They simply expect you to feel the same way and want to actually finish each PVP match you go into which apparently isn't the case with some of you. Sometimes griefing takes precedence over character development, right?

Premades bail on you all the time, huh? Is that because they are worried about the death penalty, or their coveted PVP stats, or maybe they are worried they won't get medals if they lose to your amazing team? No... there are no PVP stats, death penalties, and weird... they get points win or lose. I doubt they have ANY reason to bail unless you force them to by not engaging in a fight with them which judging from this thread, seems likely.
They leave because they dont want to change there spec's to deal with a carrier, there looking for the easy win or fast points..

Nothing about Ego here, I get stomped more than I win in my carrier lol , its just lame haha.. Im forced to do daily quest in pvp maps where TURNING is a MUST .. lol i cant turn , so im nothing but a GIANT whale out of water waiting to be killed , dont here me going on forums QQ..

and Kutus you know me , we have pvp many times .. No Soup For You !! =P

All im saying is , he didnt have to wait , not like he is locked into the map , if its taking to long for his taste , bail, re Q, move about your merry way , pretty simple really ..

Whats Really Funny is more Feds post in the klingon forums than klingons haha, I find that sorta funny, but im kinda weird like that =)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 96
02-15-2010, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianDavion View Post
look I think something needs to be cleared up here....

the guy's not whineing because he lost, what he's annoyed about is the BoK group refused to engage at all.. this isn't "smart tactics" the fact is if you don't wanna fight at all quit the god damned match don't sit in the zone and effectivly waste the time of the 5 people on the other team who are presumably there to fight.


and yeah that IS cheap, but given the maturity we saw from blood of Khaless pre-launch (or more specificly lack thereof) this doesn't suprise me
I'm sorry, but according to his original post, "they refused to engage at all" is incorrect. He clearly states taht the score was tied 6 to 6. That sure sounds like they engaged, unless there's some other way to score points.

For the record, for all the people in the thread citing lack of reading comprehension when rebutting people calling him a crier for whining about cloaking tactics, he also stated, "Well after 5 minuites of waiting for them to show up they finally engage the 4 of us sitting there, we lose an escort and they lose 2 ships, then battle cloak and run like cowards." He's crying about using battlecloak as a hit and run tactic. Apparently, it's not cowardly to huddle in the Fed ball, but it is cowardly to uncloak, scrag a target, and recloak.

If he was as whiny in area chat after the engagements he described as he is here, it wouldn't suprise me if he goaded someone into saying, "fine, we'll just sit here cloaked, how do you like them apples?" That doesn't make it right, but I do find it ironic that the same standards of maturity aren't being applied to both sides. Remember, there are three sides to every story.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 97
02-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Lloyd
So you know for a fact that there was no emergency? No one needed to take a krap? Sheehat happens, you know.

STO's inactivity feature, other wise known as AFK, would have ejected player(s) after 15 minutes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 98
02-15-2010, 07:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamarth
I'm sorry, but according to his original post, "they refused to engage at all" is incorrect. He clearly states taht the score was tied 6 to 6. That sure sounds like they engaged, unless there's some other way to score points.

For the record, for all the people in the thread citing lack of reading comprehension when rebutting people calling him a crier for whining about cloaking tactics, he also stated, "Well after 5 minuites of waiting for them to show up they finally engage the 4 of us sitting there, we lose an escort and they lose 2 ships, then battle cloak and run like cowards." He's crying about using battlecloak as a hit and run tactic. Apparently, it's not cowardly to huddle in the Fed ball, but it is cowardly to uncloak, scrag a target, and recloak.

If he was as whiny in area chat after the engagements he described as he is here, it wouldn't suprise me if he goaded someone into saying, "fine, we'll just sit here cloaked, how do you like them apples?" That doesn't make it right, but I do find it ironic that the same standards of maturity aren't being applied to both sides. Remember, there are three sides to every story.

Funny i didn't know the topic of this thread was battle cloaking, new to me.

Having your whole team bail , people with full shields and hull just because you lost the first ship, or are down by one ?

The act of a coward, Period.

No adaptation, no thought, terrible gameplay. At best the a target in distress would need to speed away and cloak for a sec then come back. Not the whole team, thats just ridiculous and noob play.

Oddly enough during that match we saw the 5 of them killing a stray pug , went to engage them clearly dropping out of FI onto them, you know what they did? on a 5 vs 4 fight ?

I'll give you a hint, they certianly didn't fight. Thats sure a heroic tactic there ....

Hey good game tho comming here and showing us you know whats up tho, gg


Za'Rex
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 99
02-15-2010, 07:53 AM
Quote:
its called guerilla warfare...patience is a combat asset. Its call attacking when the enemy is weak...attacking where they are not. Complacency and combat ready fatigue are all aspects of ambush warfare...it just takes longer to achieve for pre-planned "play dates". The enemy comes readied and anticipating combat...you have to wait until that subsides.

open pvp war areas fix all that.
You make some unbelievably weak excuses for their "tactics."

This is Star Trek Online, a massively multiplayer online roleplaying game for the PC (and mac?) platform(s). It is not the jungles of Vietnam in 1972. Real lives are not on the line. Real property/wealth are not on the line. If you lose, you do not die. You do not get imprisoned. You do not get tortured. You do not get conquered. If your team sucks in this game, just lose and get it over with.

It's not "tactical" to sit around and wait for the other team to get bored and either go afk or warp out. The goals of PvP are to have fun, gain skillpoints for yourself and bridge officers, and get medals for gear. You cannot achieve those goals by sitting around and refusing to engage in combat even when each team has a full 5 players.

Lets give Federation ships the ability to stasis field themselves; making them 100% immune to any and all damage, but it automatically goes away if they take attack, heal, buff, or debuff someone. Then I can team up with 4 other players and we can zone in and all use that on ourselves and start alt tabbing until the Klingons get bored and start leaving. MAN WE ARE SO TACTICAL!! HIGH FIVE GUYS!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 100
02-15-2010, 07:58 AM
Naming and Shaming is not allowed.

/Closed
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:59 AM.