Lt. Commander
# 1 Bridge Officer Question
02-15-2010, 02:53 AM
I have an officer with Emergency Power to Shields I as their ensign power, and Engineering Team II as their Lieutenant power. Can I upgrade the Ensign power to levels II and III? The reason I ask is that I have the option of training them in Emergency Power to Shields II, but only as a Lieutenant skill, and I don't want to lose Engineering Team II if I can just upgrade the Ensign power all the way to three.

Can anyone help? If it IS possible to upgrade the Ensign power to II & III, how is that done?

Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 02:56 AM
EPtS 1 is an ensign skill
EPtS 2 is a Lt skill
EPtS 3 is a Lt Commander skill

What I did was leave EPtS 1 until I got to commander then trained mine up to EPtS 3
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen_Bakura
I have an officer with Emergency Power to Shields I as their ensign power, and Engineering Team II as their Lieutenant power. Can I upgrade the Ensign power to levels II and III? The reason I ask is that I have the option of training them in Emergency Power to Shields II, but only as a Lieutenant skill, and I don't want to lose Engineering Team II if I can just upgrade the Ensign power all the way to three.

Can anyone help? If it IS possible to upgrade the Ensign power to II & III, how is that done?

Thanks.
It's not possible in the sense that I think you mean. The rank of the different bridge officer abilities is fixed.

For example, Emergency Power to Shields I is an Ensign ability, and will always take up a bridge officer's 'ensign slot' for space abilities. Emergency Power to Shields II is a Lieutenant ability, and so will always take up the 'lieutenant slot'. Emergency Power to Shields III is a Lt Commander ability, and so will always take up the 'lt commander' slot.

It's possible to have a bridge officer who knows different levels of the same ability, but they'll take up the appropriate 'ability slot'.

Hope that helps.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadB
It's not possible in the sense that I think you mean. The rank of the different bridge officer abilities is fixed.

For example, Emergency Power to Shields I is an Ensign ability, and will always take up a bridge officer's 'ensign slot' for space abilities. Emergency Power to Shields II is a Lieutenant ability, and so will always take up the 'lieutenant slot'. Emergency Power to Shields III is a Lt Commander ability, and so will always take up the 'lt commander' slot.

It's possible to have a bridge officer who knows different levels of the same ability, but they'll take up the appropriate 'ability slot'.

Hope that helps.
Ok, thanks.

So basically, your bridge officers are always going to have 1 level "I" power, 1 level "II" and then 2 level "III" powers? (Four in total?)
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 04:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensen_Bakura
So basically, your bridge officers are always going to have 1 level "I" power, 1 level "II" and then 2 level "III" powers? (Four in total?)
Four in total, but not necessarily of those levels, as different abilities have different ranks.

For example, sticking with engineer abilities:

Boarding Party I is a Lieutenant ability (and so Boarding Party II is a Lt Commander Ability, and Boarding Party III is a Commander Ability)

Aceton Field I is a Lt Commander ability (and so Aceton Field II and Aceton Field III are both Commander abilities)

So, an engineer bridge officer could have Emergency Power to Shields I, Boarding Party I, Aceton Field I, and Boarding Party III, for example.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Also, keep in mind that you can train different skills to Bridge officers through getting a rewarded Bridge officer with the skill or using the vendor in Spacedock. As an example using EPTS, my Engineering BO started out with EPTS I at Ensign. When I promoted him to Lt and got into the ship with a Lt. Engineering slot, I swapped out his Lt. skill with EPTS II and replaced his EPTS I wth another skill. The downside is that you'll lose the points already placed into EPTS I, but as Bridge Officer points are, in essence, infinite, it's not all that difficult to raise that Ensign power back up.

In fact, at Commander 7, I'm starting to run out of places to spend BO points. And that's with seperate officer teams for my stations and my away team.