Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
What is wrong with most of you?

I mean come on, the only issue I can see right now, is the disconnections and server downtime. Once you get into the game play, there isn't a huge issue with that.

Yes, it's a pain to get kicked out of the game when your in the middle of a battle.

Yes, it's a pain to not have the game up and running when you want to play.

BUT

Once your in the game playing, where is the issue with that?

If your looking for a Star Trek SIM, then you came to the wrong game. It was said time and time again, this will not be a SIM game. All the bugs and minor flaws at this point in the launch is normal, and as far as more content it's coming so take a chill pill. If you powered your toon up to the top level, then say there isn't anything to do, then that's your problem. The rest of us are still in starter ships or are Captain ranks. And as we been told end game content is coming.

BUT the game issues take the 1st spot, everything else has to take a number.

BTW my son loves the game, and that's good enough for me. And you know what so do I, cause not too many games hold my attention these days, and that includes EvE Online.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 07:03 AM
STO is awesome. Probably the best mmo out there.

Oh and Tom Baker was the best Dr!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 07:30 AM
I agree, Tom Baker was the BEST Dr. lol

But I agree more on STO, love the game play, and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 07:30 AM
It is not just the server issues that are causing the friction. Glad you are enjoying the game and hope you carry on playing - as it is your first weekend you have only just scratched the surface.

I have been playing since the beta and you will soon learn that the constantly repeating and shallow missions are the real fault here. However it is still early days on that front and hopefully that particular content lack will be remedied sooner rather than later.

Welcome aboard.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 07:40 AM
Well I been in beta too, and a ton of bugs I seen there I don't see anymore now. I gave my 2 cets on how to make the game from good to great, and only time will tell if they listened. Right now the server issues is the only thing bugging me about STO, I just wish they used a different system, but hey it can still work. They just need to get the hardware side worked out.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2010, 08:23 AM
The game has some issues. To say it doesn't does the game a disservice, all games have issues and can use improvements.

But yeah, all in all, it's fun, and i enjoy it. BUT...

The leveling.. speeds up a freaking TON. I spent the MOST time in my first ship... (the starter) and from there on, each rank leveled faster then the last. I was a Captin for 2 DAYS... (Over the weekend...) That... needs ironed out IMO. It's TO fast to hit the cap in 2 weeks of game play. Granted, i play a bit more then some, but i'm not hardcore. I'd say the avg player will cap out in maybe a month... IMO, that's still to fast...

Ground combat... is REALLY fun, but also... kind of easy.

In game discriptions need a LOT of work. when spending skill points, i'd like to better understand what i'm bying and what it does...

I'd like a few more "random" style missions. I'm getting really sick of running around empty bases when i'm exploring....

In general, my main complaint so far... is we need MORE. More content. More information on skills. More difficulity. What we have is good, but, IMO, a bit limited ATM. We need MORE.

Hopefully, we'll get it. With COH we sure got more stuff to do.(and, frankly, we started with more to do. Took me nearly a year to max out my first hero... it's going to take me 2 and a half weeks to max out my first captian...) But CO... they seemed to drop the ball... I'm hoping they follow there CoH roots and start turning out content to keep us entertained. I'm trying to remaind optomistic!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Cedric View Post
What is wrong with most of you?

I mean come on, the only issue I can see right now, is the disconnections and server downtime. Once you get into the game play, there isn't a huge issue with that.

Yes, it's a pain to get kicked out of the game when your in the middle of a battle.

Yes, it's a pain to not have the game up and running when you want to play.

BUT

Once your in the game playing, where is the issue with that?

If your looking for a Star Trek SIM, then you came to the wrong game. It was said time and time again, this will not be a SIM game. All the bugs and minor flaws at this point in the launch is normal, and as far as more content it's coming so take a chill pill. If you powered your toon up to the top level, then say there isn't anything to do, then that's your problem. The rest of us are still in starter ships or are Captain ranks. And as we been told end game content is coming.

BUT the game issues take the 1st spot, everything else has to take a number.

BTW my son loves the game, and that's good enough for me. And you know what so do I, cause not too many games hold my attention these days, and that includes EvE Online.
The problem is that most of these people are used to MMOs being a certain way and they can't live with one being made differently. Case in point EVE, one of the games that they love to compare this to. For them, it's an open world paradise where you can do whatever you want. For those like me it is a long,boring,tedious grind that caters to griefers. So for folks like me, we don't want this game to resemble EVE because it already exists for people that like that type of game. And coming here and stating that Cryptic somehow ***** the IP and DEMAND that this game get turned into EVE is beyond rude.

STO is a new addition to space MMOs because fantasy dominates this genre. There will be other games coming out that take place in space and won't be like STO. I suggest those whom didn't find what they were looking for with this game go try one of those.