Lt. Commander
# 1 Bridge Officer Weapons
02-15-2010, 08:20 AM
How do you divide your weapons between your bridge officers on away missions?

Currently, I have my Science officer on "passive" so he's mainly healing.

But the others i divided up as follows:

Eng 1 - Exploit Weapon
Eng 2 - Exploit Weapon
Tac 1 - Expose Weapon

Has anyone found that any particular set up works best for them?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 08:24 AM
I go for all cone expose. BOffs don't seem to wait for an expose before using an exploit attack in my experience.

I'll also give Stun/Hold chance weaponry to my Science Officer (Buffs/HP Heals) and Engineering BOff (Buffs/Shield Heal) so they can keep aggro off themselves somewhat. My other two away team members (both Tac BOffs) get hard-hitting rifles.

I then use a similar cone expose rifle and then switch to a cone exploit rifle when opportunities present themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 08:24 AM
I simply go for constant max DPS, but with at least half my BOs carrying hold/stun type weapons and half carrying some form of AOE, with as much emphasis on repel/knockback as I can. It seems to help a lot at the cost of possibly a bit of DPS in exchange for a bit of survivability.

I'm also a huge fan of dual pistols on myself, because they're dual pistols and GUN FU WHEN EXPOSE IS UP!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 08:40 AM
Just give them any weapon with the secondary Exploit attack called "Split-beam". This type of weaponry is so superior to anything else it isn't even funny.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 08:45 AM
I give all my team knock-back weapons, and I carry DPS, split beam or sniper rifle. I don't like repel, because it doesn't interrupt their attack, and usually just pushes them down the hall into the next group of enemies.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Just makes sure that 3 of the 5 on the away team are engineers and you can deck out your Sci officer on offensive capabilities.
I usually run through pulling everyone in the zone to my engineers and the drones and phaser and mortal will completly cut them down.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2010, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zap-Robo View Post
I go for all cone expose. BOffs don't seem to wait for an expose before using an exploit attack in my experience.
This. My bridge officers seem to have failed basic training at the academy because, if they use an exploit attack, it is never at the right time. I give them all multi-target expose weapons so that I can vapourise any that stick.