Lt. Commander
# 1 lifetime subs rip off!!!!!
02-15-2010, 08:25 AM
i am gutted fed up and now outraged, that i was not informed that VAT would be added at any time, i have emailed etc with no response so what do i do now ??? think im going to give up get a full refund and pay per month , why is custermer service such crap. how can they not tell you grrrrrrrrr makes my blood boil
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 08:45 AM
what is VAT?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyklingon
what is VAT?
VAT is Value Added Tax, it is something that is added to virtually everything in some/most European Nations. From my understanding, to assume a service that would otherwise have VAT included, would somehow be free of VAT is... an incorrect assumption to make. Granted, I don't live with VAT so my thoughts on this could be incorrect as well.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubes319 View Post
i am gutted fed up and now outraged, that i was not informed that VAT would be added at any time, i have emailed etc with no response so what do i do now ??? think im going to give up get a full refund and pay per month , why is custermer service such crap. how can they not tell you grrrrrrrrr makes my blood boil
So contact your card company or paypal, and dispute it. Coming here to moan resolves nothing, apart from maybe making you feel a little better.

For reference, there's been lots of posts about this, and it does state when you purchased the lifetime (on the front page) that local taxes were NOT included.

It's the same with 'Where's Sulu' - if people learnt to READ things, instead of just skipping through without a care in the world, this would never happen.
Lt. Commander
# 5 Oh, yes it was
02-15-2010, 09:02 AM
I bought the lifetime subscription on 1st February. I can confirm that at that time there was a clear statement regarding VAT added to the advertised price. I certainly knew to add 17.5% (the UK rate).
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2010, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubes319 View Post
Isn't VAT added to the monthly sub too? not sure how that would help tbh...
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2010, 10:01 AM
when i bought it it did not or was not clear, in the uk we pay VAT at 17.5% but everything in the uk has it included in the price on most retail iteams, i do not understand why all other mmo charge 8.99 yet sto now works out at 10 per month for a game that to be honest is just cutting it. though i live in hope it gets better, they also stated pre release that the pricing would be same as current market standerds, it is not its the most expaensive, i feel its poor PR
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2010, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyan View Post
So contact your card company or paypal, and dispute it. Coming here to moan resolves nothing, apart from maybe making you feel a little better.

For reference, there's been lots of posts about this, and it does state when you purchased the lifetime (on the front page) that local taxes were NOT included.

It's the same with 'Where's Sulu' - if people learnt to READ things, instead of just skipping through without a care in the world, this would never happen.
sorry sir so much im not perfect doh, i have not disse the game or anything and have stood by it