Lt. Commander
# 1 This is bugging me ...
02-14-2010, 04:43 PM
Okay not one of your usual emoragewtfnahnah threads, well maybe ..

Can someone please explain to me where the soundtrack for this game (excluding the signature track on loading) belongs in the trek 'verse?

Just finished the miral paris mission and all throughout its been plinky plonky Oblivionesque fantasy music ....

Considering the sheer number of scores from the Original series thru to Nemesis (I DO NOT count ST5 or Star Trek 90210 as ever exsisting) how is it we have ended up with such generic plinky music?

Evidence in my defence, SW Galaxies ... the entire soundtrack to that game came right out of the beating heart of the movies still steaming and added a massive boost called IMMERSION

tl;dr version - music suits a fantasy game and has no relation to ST
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2010, 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie1701
Okay not one of your usual emoragewtfnahnah threads, well maybe ..

Can someone please explain to me where the soundtrack for this game (excluding the signature track on loading) belongs in the trek 'verse?

Just finished the miral paris mission and all throughout its been plinky plonky Oblivionesque fantasy music ....

Considering the sheer number of scores from the Original series thru to Nemesis (I DO NOT count ST5 or Star Trek 90210 as ever exsisting) how is it we have ended up with such generic plinky music?

Evidence in my defence, SW Galaxies ... the entire soundtrack to that game came right out of the beating heart of the movies still steaming and added a massive boost called IMMERSION

tl;dr version - music suits a fantasy game and has no relation to ST
I agree. The music is very poor IMO. Nothing remarkable like what Jerry Goldsmith or Dennis McCarthy did for the franchise.

Use the media player! Nothing like playing with a full playlist of good Trek scores.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 05:13 PM
well it is a different type of music, so I just run iTunes in the background with Trek or other space related music (Predator theme is hilarious when you're on an away mission)

As for ST5, Download the soundtrack, you might like it
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2010, 05:28 PM
yeah i have most of the OSTs running in the background and the ingame music off

stil cant beat a bit of latteral run when in combat thou ..

:sigh:
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-14-2010, 05:48 PM
I can't stand the music. It sounds like something from some super hero cartoon. I don't know what they were thinking when they did this. They had loads of music at their disposal from TOS to Voyager to use.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2010, 09:08 AM
i like the music alot and think it goes well. oh and all starwars games have always included actual cut music from the movies except unleashed - which was great.