Lt. Commander
# 1 Sector Grids
02-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Firstly let me just say that i'm enjoying STO and find it entertaining. For an MMO that has just launched it shows allot of promise and I look forward to the future developments Cryptic have in store for us.

One thing that does bother me is all the big blue and red grids in sector space, I see absolutely no reason for them other than being in a controlled area? Even if there was an option to turn the grids off that would be cool. Sure it shows the bottom on the sector space but it would look allot nicer and be more immersive if there was just stars, systems and contacts on the sector view.

Please Crypic consider an option to turn the grid markings off. I know it's hardly a high priority consideration but it would be nice to know if it is even a consideration.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 09:02 AM
They're there to let people know they're going in a relatively straight line. Not everyone uses the System List to go from A to B, and many times you need to maneuver your ship to avoid DSEs. The lines give you a visual reference to get you back on track; though I do think they could be much lighter in color and less pronounced.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 09:10 AM
Well yeah even a lighter grid would be an improvment.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 09:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
They're there to let people know they're going in a relatively straight line. Not everyone uses the System List to go from A to B, and many times you need to maneuver your ship to avoid DSEs. The lines give you a visual reference to get you back on track; though I do think they could be much lighter in color and less pronounced.
Yes sector space has it purpose, but I agree 100% with the OP....... allowing us to toggle sector space on and off would be so nice. Then those who love sector space and hate it would be satisfied.