Lt. Commander
I'm somewhat baffled as to why this hasn't already been implemented. Some may say they only put the wings up when in warp but that is not true.

Right about the 3:55 mark on this video is an example of a BoP firing while in the wings up position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcbwr...eature=related

Also in this video at 0:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYbva...eature=related

Now I am not a coder but I wouldn't imagine it would take a whole lot to add this option as a secondary skin for Klingon characters. I would love to hear from someone at Cryptic about this, as well as anyone else's thoughts on the matter.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 02:29 AM
Up is cruise configuration, down is attack, and I am attacking you!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 02:35 AM
That would be so awesome.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 03:18 AM
Totally agree. Would be so easy just to make it an option in the shipyard design vendor.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 05:36 AM
The Klingon Warship is the K'Vort, which is really a BIG BoP(w/wings up), that's what I thought the Tier-5 BoP was going to be.

I guess maybe they'll add the K'Vort as a Tier-6 BoP??
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2010, 09:36 AM
The supersized BoPs first appeared during the second season of TNG and were called "cruiser" in "A Matter of Honor" and "battlecruiser" in "Yesterday's Enterprise"
They were used in those episodes because the Vor'cha model was not yet available.
The one in "A Matter of Honor" looks about 250 meters in comparison to the Enterprise-D while the ones in "Yesterday's Enterprise" were somewhat larger, about 350 meters in length.
That can be estimated in the scene where one passes over the Enterprise.
Presumably someone decided that sich big ships should not have adjustable wings (just imagine motors as big as the Warp drive just to change the position of the wings).
Althoug there is also rumor that by that time the motor that had been installed in the model for Star Trek 3 was broken.
Anyway portions of the battle in "Yestarday's Enterprise"were reused in "Redemption", particularly the scene where the BoP blows up and the other passes through the cloud of flame.
In this video at about 2:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tmk7jCbETIE

There was also another gigantic 700+ meters version that appeared in "The Defector" there you can see two of them [behind two Romulan Warbirds and they are nearly as wide.
There is a large article about that here:

http://ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/bop-size.htm

I find it more likely that the K'vort, as it was called in "Yesterday's Enterprise" and again in DS9 "Penumbra", will be the missing Klingon T2 cruiser, even though in that case I would prefer the 220 something meters large (or rather small) K'tinga at T2 and the 350 meters K'Vort at T3.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
I find it more likely that the K'vort, as it was called in "Yesterday's Enterprise" and again in DS9 "Penumbra", will be the missing Klingon T2 cruiser, even though in that case I would prefer the 220 something meters large (or rather small) K'tinga at T2 and the 350 meters K'Vort at T3.
Yeah, my sense of proportion is that a K'Vort is bigger, newer and more powerful than a K'Tinga.

I really really expected the K'Vort to be the T5 BoP.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2010, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
Up is cruise configuration, down is attack, and I am attacking you!
K'vorts fight with their wings angled up, there is no reason why Cryptic cant make a big B'rel looking BoP for t4-5 that has its wings angled up...the current BoPs look awful...I wanted to use a K'vort in T4-5 from the very beginning.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2010, 10:20 AM
it would be nice to have them move
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-15-2010, 11:34 AM
To sum it up smaller BoPs can fold their wings in three positions:
horizontal for cruise
down for attack, even in atmosphere, like in DS9 Season 7 "Once more unto the Breech"
as can be seen here (no good quality, but the best I could find:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_Ab5...eature=related

and folded slightly upwards for landings.

Even if the engine does not permit moving parts it might be nice to have them folded up on the galaxy map, which is as clos to cruise mode as it gets and there is no fighting.

It would appear that the larger BoPs have their wings fixed and are most likely not designed for planetary landings...although the Intrepid class is, I doubt the mosterBops can if their wings cannot be adjusted.
Assuming the K'vort becomes part of STO I would like to see at least slight changes to the textures like
larger amounts of smaller windows and a different plating pattern, like on the K'Tinga has more nd smaller plates, to reflect that it is indeed a bigger ship.
And perhaps some indicaton that this ship has some additional weapons on its hull, especially since it is most unlikely that even the Kligons would build such a big ship with limited maneuverability compared to the smaller BoPs with only two forward disruptors and one torpedo launcher.
Not even the Klingons are the "forward oriented".