Lt. Commander
Has anyone out there invested full points into carrier handling and did they notice any difference ?

I can handle the other T5 klingon ships on thier basic turning (no expertise) but im thinking about putting points into the carrier box for when I want to use it ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 10:36 AM
I have 9 in carrier. It still handles worse than anything else in the game, but every little bit helps. The carrier just isn't built to fly around shooting. It is built to sit still during combat, moving only when it needs to relocate.

However, the value of the skill is not limited to turning speed. That skill also improves your total hull points. The carrier has base HP of 42000. But with 9 points in all three of the ship skills that apply to the carrier, it has just under 49,000 HP.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 10:46 AM
the turning dosnt help much the big atvantage is the hp
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2010, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vobe
I have 9 in carrier. It still handles worse than anything else in the game, but every little bit helps. The carrier just isn't built to fly around shooting. It is built to sit still during combat, moving only when it needs to relocate.

However, the value of the skill is not limited to turning speed. That skill also improves your total hull points. The carrier has base HP of 42000. But with 9 points in all three of the ship skills that apply to the carrier, it has just under 49,000 HP.
Actually, it handles just about exactly as bad as the T4C in Fed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 12:38 PM
I have full points in it, and it is hard to notice any real improvement in handling. When i first got the thing i wasn't prepared for exactly how dreadful it was at turning and came out of full impuse at some federation ships and power-slided about 25km awat past them. Then spent another few minutes trying to turn my ship back towards the enemy.