Lt. Commander
# 11
02-15-2010, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptSparrow
Thanks I logged onto Gamestop and I'm allowed 3 more (so total of 5) activations and downloads...that's crappy I paid 50bucks for something I can only reinstall 5 times...I should ordered it...thanks for the help I may try burning it...
In your STO folder, just take the Star Trek Online.exe file and put it in a email, email yourself then download on the other machine and run the launcher and it'll download and patch the game on the new computer. Thats what I do every time I need to reinstall.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-15-2010, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seljek View Post
I have the DDE also... so really I did not know that, they probably come on dual-layered DvDs which are harder to burn... as most games do.

My beta downloader defaulted to making a desktop folder called "downloads/STO" the STO folder should have the setups... which equal about 7.35 Gigs.
most dvd burners are able to do dual layer discs now... all you need is a dual layer blank
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Sykes
In your STO folder, just take the Star Trek Online.exe file and put it in a email, email yourself then download on the other machine and run the launcher and it'll download and patch the game on the new computer. Thats what I do every time I need to reinstall.
Nice idea thank you!
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-15-2010, 03:21 PM
If you go to the STO homepage and click on the "Your account", there's a link in there to download the game client. Though it's probably just downloading the launcher which someone else already suggested you can copy over.

Might be easier than emailing, though.