Lt. Commander
# 11
02-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Pallman - appreciate the heads up, rules or not.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMK View Post
reported tedgp123
This isn't the wow forums. Trolling doesnt go down too well on here.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pallman View Post
so il get a ban for being friendly yay.... -.-
No, the ban (probably a warning first, I'm sure) would be for violating the forum rules. As for justification, here's why.

You offered nothing to substantiate your accusation, and any information you could provide couldn't be verified. You might be acting with good intent, or you may be acting maliciously for whatever reason, but we (as players) have no way to verify the accuracy of your statements. Now, with the name you mentioned, I could indeed infer you're probably right....but I can't say for certain. (However, my inference is clouded by my own experiences and attitude and may or may not be correct.)

But, I also can't positively verify that you're being honest. You could be throwing this guy's name around to deflect the blame away from you. (Settle down...I'm not saying you are. But, then again, I don't positively know, right?) So, in this case, you just tarnished someone's reputation with other players, something they might not deserve.

The ONLY people that can verify your statements is the GM crew, and only after sufficient research. And, if they should happen to substantiate your claim, there is no way that we players will ever find out, as action taken on someone's account is privately held information and not releaseable. This is precisely why the ONLY way you should make your claim is via the established help channels, and why calling out someone on the forums is not permitted.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon47
No, the ban (probably a warning first, I'm sure) would be for violating the forum rules. As for justification, here's why.

You offered nothing to substantiate your accusation, and any information you could provide couldn't be verified. You might be acting with good intent, or you may be acting maliciously for whatever reason, but we (as players) have no way to verify the accuracy of your statements. Now, with the name you mentioned, I could indeed infer you're probably right....but I can't say for certain. (However, my inference is clouded by my own experiences and attitude and may or may not be correct.)

But, I also can't positively verify that you're being honest. You could be throwing this guy's name around to deflect the blame away from you. (Settle down...I'm not saying you are. But, then again, I don't positively know, right?) So, in this case, you just tarnished someone's reputation with other players, something they might not deserve.

The ONLY people that can verify your statements is the GM crew, and only after sufficient research. And, if they should happen to substantiate your claim, there is no way that we players will ever find out, as action taken on someone's account is privately held information and not releaseable. This is precisely why the ONLY way you should make your claim is via the established help channels, and why calling out someone on the forums is not permitted.
QFT.

Also, regarding your signature, the Hitchhiker's Guide reference...

If that's true, what does that make the Hitman game franchise's protagonist, Codename 47?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedgp123 View Post
This isn't the wow forums. Trolling doesnt go down too well on here.
I noticed
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon47

Very well worded and explained. (just to clarify, no knocks against you personally on this one).

However, it's sad and in some strange way ironic, that the human race has come to a point where someone who is most likely trying to be helpful and prevent other people from getting burned is attacked and assumed to be unlawful. So obviously, we've turned to the guilty until proven innocent society.

The points dragon said are, unfortunately valid. But I thank you for your effort anyhow. People should never be punished for trying to help out. I, for one, am going to assume you're a good guy/girl.

Thanks for the info,
Todd
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-15-2010, 10:51 PM
i know this will come off we me sounding/looking like and ******* but:

If you are stupid enough to get scammed you didn't deserve the scammed items.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxium

Thats a fallacious argument imo.

Kinda like saying if you are stupid enough to get hit by a car and die you didnt deserve to live

or

If you are stupid enough to step on a landmine you didnt deserve to have that leg

The fallacious part imo is the part that the person did not have foreknowledge of the landmine/car/scammer
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-15-2010, 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxium

Actually stupidity has nothing to do with it, theres an issue with fleet banks at the moment.
If you know nothing of the problem why make it worse?
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-15-2010, 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woebetide
Actually stupidity has nothing to do with it, theres an issue with fleet banks at the moment.
If you know nothing of the problem why make it worse?
In that case, you have my sympathy as a fleet leader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurrican
Thats a fallacious argument imo.
Kinda like saying if you are stupid enough to get hit by a car and die you didnt deserve to live
or
If you are stupid enough to step on a landmine you didnt deserve to have that leg
The fallacious part imo is the part that the person did not have foreknowledge of the landmine/car/scammer
Not really. If you are really that clueless and airheaded to allow someone to scam you in-game you REALLY don't deserve it.
On another note: don't joke about landmines and such. someone being stupid enough to get scammed is NOT like stepping on a landmine. I've got a friend who lost the lower part of his leg to a landmine.
Also an aquaintence(sp?) from school was pinned against a car and died. Don't say "being hit by a car" is similar in ANY manner.

If i were to follow that line of reasoning. Its your fault that your mother and father spawned your idiocy into this world.