Lt. Commander
# 1 Improve Fire at Will
02-15-2010, 12:34 PM
Make Fire at Will into a self buff that fires all activated weapons at random targets in range. Duration of 5-10 seconds would be plenty and would help make this ability actually be somewhat useful.

As it is, I don't always see FAW even hit a second target since it only applies to the very next activated weapon.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 12:39 PM
I agree here. I have Beam Fire at Will and it would be nice to see it do a little more to the targets around me. Just seems to spit off one or two beams in other directions.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 01:32 PM
I like the idea of Fire at Will being an AoE skill, compared to its usual competitor in High Yield. It should affect more than one weapon for sure.
Lt. Commander
Honestly it fails as it is for the above mentioned reasons. Having it fire all weapons would be nice but that still is not that great.

The problem with even making it fire all weapons at random targets in range is you can actually accomplish the same thing manually... Just make sure all your weapons are hotkeyed individually or be a fast clicker and just tab hit a hotkey/click a weapon, hit tab and repeat, I do it all the time in my galaxy. 6 beams 6 targets can have all em firing at once to get some threat then throw up feedback pulse and you have some nice AoE + tanking going on.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2010, 03:44 PM
They are already attempting to make Fire At will better, along with Beam Overload. I'm hoping Torpedo Spread is also on that list too since right now the only tactical skills to take in Tier 1 are: Tactical Team, Torpedo Yield