Lt. Commander
# 311
02-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealVermatrix View Post
Jackwolfe,

I do not beleive this is just a matter of bandwidth but a matter of hardware being able to handle all the connections at once. Since the game was rushed out, they had NO IDEA what sort of hardware demand they were going to face. Hardware is money, which may explain the rush, if there was no money to upgrade with then they need to sell the game to raise it, that just makes for a short timeline less you lose all your subscription players in the process.

My gameplay experieince consists of looking at the inside of the starbase screen with the loading bar all the way to the right and text changing at the bottom of the screen, i have only been able to connect 2 times in the last 2 days.

The gameplay server simply cannot handle the requests...
That's pretty much how I feel.

+rep
Lt. Commander
# 312
02-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealVermatrix View Post
Jackwolfe,

I do not beleive this is just a matter of bandwidth but a matter of hardware being able to handle all the connections at once. Since the game was rushed out, they had NO IDEA what sort of hardware demand they were going to face. Hardware is money, which may explain the rush, if there was no money to upgrade with then they need to sell the game to raise it, that just makes for a short timeline less you lose all your subscription players in the process.

My gameplay experieince consists of looking at the inside of the starbase screen with the loading bar all the way to the right and text changing at the bottom of the screen, i have only been able to connect 2 times in the last 2 days.

The gameplay server simply cannot handle the requests...
That was the initial supposition, but it doesnt explain why there was confirmed lag and downtime on the forums as well as in Champions when this was going on.. Surely these are not all hosted ont he same hardware, but quite possibly fromt he same data center..