Lt. Commander
# 171
02-15-2010, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MundaneRaptor View Post
Yep! Was a lot of fun... We're currently replaying the event audio between during select music breaks...
I'm actually the one ON AIR right now...
www.subspace-radio.net

And SpaceCabbie's posted his pictures!
Check them Out!

http://members.quicknet.nl/spacecabbie/london/
Thx for sharing this pictures. They are great. Wish I could've been there. Nice work all of you.
Lt. Commander
# 172
02-15-2010, 03:48 AM
Orion slave girls ftw!

Too bad it was held in London, 200 miles from me and the cost getting down there on the day would have emptied my wallet.
Lt. Commander
# 173
02-15-2010, 04:45 AM
so wish I had gone now, looks like it was great
Lt. Commander
# 174
02-15-2010, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcarsteven View Post
Was a bit upset at lack of organsiation. Arrive at 1pm on the dot. Stood round other people dressed in star trek unifiorms. 2 minutes later told to walk up on to bridge.

Problems:
Draw for prize taken as soon as got off bridge, however it seems names for draw was taken before event (i.e. pre 1pm), so we missed out of chance of winning any prizes. Which is one reason attended. If say 1pm that is when things should start not do photo's and name taking before.

Starting record attempt at 1:02pm did mean a few people who arrived 5 minutes late (and I knew of a least 2) did not take part.

Everyone will recieve at least something comment was not true, after the prize draw they said did everyone get a t-shirt, at which point they started handing out t-shirts to any one. And know of at least one person being told "sorry we've run out", with no more gifts, so recieved nothing.

Everything was over by 1:30pm...

Only touched part of bridge, would have been nice to at least march over the bridge...

Pros:

It was fun.
Nice to be part of a world record attempt.

It does seem a big shame that people who tried to attend did not manage to take part and the promised prize draw was only open for those who got to event early.

So after 4 hrs journey to London had a good time but disappointed at lack of organisation.
The organisers had made a Facebook event page which got updated to inform us that they were starting at 12pm, with a group photo being taken at 12:30pm and the counting being done at 1pm. They probably should have updated this information everywhere.

I had a fun time anyway. Being in a large group of girls, we got pounced on by the photographers quite a lot! Got given a flyer with a code for the WOK uniforms and two free tshirts too. (STO and Atari)
Lt. Commander
# 175
02-15-2010, 07:07 AM
The notice about Facebook updating makes me even more angry. There has been press notificataion, forums here and on main game site all saying 1pm. To update facebook which I don't use or knew about is pathetic.

So did everyone who attended at 12pm get a game code then?

Unimpressed
Lt. Commander
# 176
02-15-2010, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepcarsteven View Post
The notice about Facebook updating makes me even more angry. There has been press notificataion, forums here and on main game site all saying 1pm. To update facebook which I don't use or knew about is pathetic.

So did everyone who attended at 12pm get a game code then?

Unimpressed
That makes me upset and angry too

As mentioned earlier there were some other people didnt know about the time change too.
Lt. Commander
# 177
02-15-2010, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbatduck View Post
The organisers had made a Facebook event page which got updated to inform us that they were starting at 12pm, with a group photo being taken at 12:30pm and the counting being done at 1pm. They probably should have updated this information everywhere.

I had a fun time anyway. Being in a large group of girls, we got pounced on by the photographers quite a lot! Got given a flyer with a code for the WOK uniforms and two free tshirts too. (STO and Atari)
There was a Facebook event page?? I use Facebook every day and I'm a fan of Star Trek Online there too yet I *never* saw any mention of an Event page. Would it have been so hard for the thread creator here to simply update the first post and add a quick post at the end to mention the time change and to link to the Facebook Event page?? Poor show. Poor show indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 178
02-15-2010, 04:21 PM
It was a real pleasure to have been part of this event!

I almost didn't attend, as I live 3hrs (by car) away from London, and was feeling quite unwell.

However, some friends who were going, insisted I 'do my bit' for this noble cause. So I made the effort, and it was WELL worth the inconvenience and discomfort ! (Alas, on the day, my friends FAILED to arrive, so we were short of one Vulcan TOS science officer with Denevan parasite on his back, one sultry Mirror Universe Kira Nerys, and a mostly harmless Crystaline Entity.)

Everyone else who did manage to attend, were incredibly enthusiastic and highly creative with their costumes. And there was a great selection of Trek eras and characters. It was especially nice to see so many ladies present (nearly half, by my rough reckoning). Even the general public passing by were impressed, and quite a few requested photos with the participants.

My only regret was that it seemed to end so early. Undoubtedly due to the freezing weather (and sudden shower of hailstones !). Otherwise, I'm sure everyone would have hung around, as there was a great (potentially party) atmosphere ! Ah well, maybe next time?

Regards to all !

Beau ('the Cardassian guy').
Lt. Commander
# 179
02-16-2010, 04:06 AM
Beau - I loved the Cardassian costume on Sunday

Also, two YouTube links of the event:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nitJaYMo9u4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2KFW2HgQsg

Enjoy
Lt. Commander
# 180
02-16-2010, 04:49 AM
Damn you all! I wish I'd gone now! It looked awesome.