Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
02-15-2010, 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxium
In that case, you have my sympathy as a fleet leader.



Not really. If you are really that clueless and airheaded to allow someone to scam you in-game you REALLY don't deserve it.
On another note: don't joke about landmines and such. someone being stupid enough to get scammed is NOT like stepping on a landmine. I've got a friend who lost the lower part of his leg to a landmine.
Also an aquaintence(sp?) from school was pinned against a car and died. Don't say "being hit by a car" is similar in ANY manner.

If i were to follow that line of reasoning. Its your fault that your mother and father spawned your idiocy into this world.
I wasnt joking it was suppose to but a serious argument which examples are exactly the same as the premise of your argument. Also i have relatives who have been shot, starved, stabbed, etc to death so i do not take these examples lightly.

Also you saying it is not, instead of explaining it is not, does not mean it is not. My argument is you blame the person for not having the foreknowledge of that which is going to happen. It might be varying degrees but it is still the same, person A is to blame because he was stupid/clueless/airhead and doesnt deserve B. And my examples were trying to show you the absurdity of your argument or a reductio ad absurdum.

So please tell me how they are not the same if you do not agree with my argument, explain to me why and do not just say its wrong period thats not an argument. And imo being clueless and an airhead could, on that same note work in my examples as well which means the argument is still absurd.

Also:
"If i were to follow that line of reasoning. Its your fault that your mother and father spawned your idiocy into this world."

That itself is fallacious and frankly doesnt even resemble a logical argument. At least your original one was an if then statement, this is just pure face palm and quite frankly I am not going to response to such a childish ad hominem attack.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
02-15-2010, 11:52 PM
IN BEFORE THE LOCK

sry had to post it

couldent find the proper photobucket link either. but i think the point gets across
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
02-16-2010, 12:36 AM
Simple thing to try,

1. Go to the seach
2. Enter "DaSpock"
3. And then make up your own minded
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
02-16-2010, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyxium
In that case, you have my sympathy as a fleet leader.



Not really. If you are really that clueless and airheaded to allow someone to scam you in-game you REALLY don't deserve it.
On another note: don't joke about landmines and such. someone being stupid enough to get scammed is NOT like stepping on a landmine. I've got a friend who lost the lower part of his leg to a landmine.
Also an aquaintence(sp?) from school was pinned against a car and died. Don't say "being hit by a car" is similar in ANY manner.

If i were to follow that line of reasoning. Its your fault that your mother and father spawned your idiocy into this world.
You like 13 years old? Or some 38 year old who plays online games in his parents house still with no job....

Scams through a MMO are not the same as a scam sent by say E-mail of phone call (sometimes in person). I work in legal dealing with real scammers (those who take your money rather then your fake MMO gold/credits.

My cousin lost his leg in the Army and I took no offense from his examples. They are perfect example of how dumb your statement is.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
02-16-2010, 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebi-Kumo View Post
You like 13 years old? Or some 38 year old who plays online games in his parents house still with no job....

Scams through a MMO are not the same as a scam sent by say E-mail of phone call (sometimes in person). I work in legal dealing with real scammers (those who take your money rather then your fake MMO gold/credits.

My cousin lost his leg in the Army and I took no offense from his examples. They are perfect example of how dumb your statement is.
Gaming is serious business. Just smile, nod and back away slowly.

And this seems to be a good enough time to test this out: http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/a...ushybrushy.jpg
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
02-16-2010, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daevan
Gaming is serious business.]
Yes I know this as I make games (in my spare time). Expensive buisness indeed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
02-16-2010, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post

Also, regarding your signature, the Hitchhiker's Guide reference...

If that's true, what does that make the Hitman game franchise's protagonist, Codename 47?
The quote is actually from one of the producers of one of the TV series when asked why the number 47 seems to crop up a lot in Star Trek. And as it's part of my forum name and (for another month) my current age, I figured I'd just steal it for my own selfish purposes.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
02-16-2010, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon47
The quote is actually from one of the producers of one of the TV series when asked why the number 47 seems to crop up a lot in Star Trek. And as it's part of my forum name and (for another month) my current age, I figured I'd just steal it for my own selfish purposes.
Fair enough. I noticed the "adjusted for inflation" bit, but if I'm correct, the original quote is from Hitchhiker's Guide, right? Or am I going insane?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
02-16-2010, 04:57 AM
I don't blame you, OP, if it were my guild er fleet that was robbed you'd best believe everyone would know about it by now. The problem is that there likely isn't any proof of this which means you could just be saying this cause you don't like this person and want to make things hard for them.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
02-16-2010, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaduceus View Post
I don't blame you, OP, if it were my guild er fleet that was robbed you'd best believe everyone would know about it by now. The problem is that there likely isn't any proof of this which means you could just be saying this cause you don't like this person and want to make things hard for them.
Yeah i know what you all mean but heres one Go to the seach enter "DaSpock".
Well ive taken screenshots too and opened a ticket, its up to the GMs
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:13 PM.