Lt. Commander
# 1 First Timer and Player
02-15-2010, 01:39 PM
I never gotten into StarTrek Beta I gotten StarTrek Game for my - Bday today nice gift for my birthday. It is installing now... What will I expect when installing is finsh and launch the game to Online what first few things will I have to do. This is my First online Experiness with this kinda Game. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2010, 01:43 PM
I'm going to strongly resisist the urge to troll, and instead say that it would probably be best if you had waited a month or two to install the game, as currently there are a LOT of issues that are fairly common with a MMO launch. If you want a more negative answer, go find your local not-so-friendly forum troll, he'll be happy to whine about every little thing that prevents him from doing exactly what he wants to do rigth when he wants to do it
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2010, 03:24 PM
I kind of agree with dsaine. But it could have the opposite effect on you. lol Not knowing what to expect in an mmo, you may have higher expectations than what the game offers today, not to mention bugs, and server stability which they're working on.

On the other hand, you may end up so immersed in the mmo world, that you don't even realize or notice what's wrong with it as you have nothing to compare it to on an apples to apples basis.

I'm certainly not the most experienced mmo vet, but I've been playing them since '05. And in my opinion, the game was released a bit premature. That being said, I've been working with / using computers since the Apple II, and have patience for the complexities of computer programming. The game is most certainly playable, just needs some polishing, which thus far Cryptic has been addressing and working on at fair and reasonable rate. On top of which, I love online gaming on the pc and love most things Star Trek. I'm really enjoying the game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2010, 07:24 AM
I agree that the game was released prematurely, but I strongly believe the game is playable. It's fun, and it has one of the best communities I've ever seen in a game.

Ever play SWG during the first month? THAT was a heavily bugged, prematurely released game. And even in that sorry state, people had fun, player cities were made before the official implementation was set up, and communities thrived. Although looking back, it was a ripoff. :p

Welcome to STO, and I hope you enjoy the game and make many new friends!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2010, 07:27 AM
More new people! Sweet.

Welcome to the game, and don't be too worried about getting started- the game will pretty much walk you through everything you need to know.

If you still need some help, either send me a message on these forums or contact me in-game. I'll be more than happy to pretend like I know what I'm talking about long enough to help ya out.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2010, 07:33 AM
Welcome.
I would say not to sweat it, there may be a few bugs and issues, but you should be able to get through the tutorial pretty well (without too many issues).

Just have fun!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2010, 07:39 AM
This is the first true MMO I've ever played. There are programming issues, but that kinda makes the game fun, or to me it does anyway.

Have fun and Boldly Go