Lt. Commander
# 21
02-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Personally, I will wait till the Klingon have a full quest line the same as the federation before I make one, then the fun will begin, as long as the quests are completely different and not a renamed carbon copy of some other game that most of you know.:p
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-15-2010, 04:26 PM
hehe i can see it now - Mission: Great Furballs Of Fire "Wipe out tribble infestation in space station"
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-15-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm not worried. The fact that the game is so popular means that Cryptic made money for Atari and their investors. Which means they should've gotten another round of good funding. That means they can hire staff and work on expanding the game. This is a new game after all..and new MMO's always leave lots of room for growth. I'm kind of glad they didn't rush the Klingon PVE...it means they have some breathing room to give it real thought.

And I wouldn't call it incomplete. The missions Fed side are fun, the customization options are staggering, and in game people are having lots of fun. There's bugs..but having worked in another computer related industry, I understand bugs happen. I like my Klingon btw..but I have nothing to do with him but PvP..so until the new content hits, I've shelved him.

If you're bored you can always roll a federation Klingon and play him with the Feds.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-15-2010, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
i agree, though it was the very improvement of CoH that gives me great hope for the Champions franchise though i wish Cryptic would get off this Arcade Fighter button mashing bent they're on with this engine ><
Hey! Just be glad you don't have to insert a quarter every time you wanna play <G>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriumphantII
Personally, I will wait till the Klingon have a full quest line the same as the federation before I make one, then the fun will begin, as long as the quests are completely different and not a renamed carbon copy of some other game that most of you know.:p
You know what I think'd be hillarious? If the bulk of Klingon missions involved diplomacy and puzzle solving with very little fighting at all. I would probably collapse in tears of mirth if that happened.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-15-2010, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx_PghPA View Post
I think a lot of people seem to forget that when City of Heroes launched, there was only one faction (Heroes) and no PvP. They added hero vs. hero PvP later and City of Villains added the other faction.

Although some people will disagree with me, CoH was one of the best MMOs I ever played, which made Champions so much more of a disappointment to me.
Why should I forget that... it was a huge failing that obviously was not really learned from. No one that I know (outside of random anonymous forum people) played that game beyond the 30 day subscription included with purchase. Expecting companies to only do as well as they did in former disappointments is a sure fire way to never make them inclined to do better.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriumphantII
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Personally, I will wait till the Klingon have a full quest line the same as the federation before I make one,
I'm not sure if that's actually Cryptic's plan - I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Klingons remain a PvP-focussed faction.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-16-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbaer
... it was a huge failing that obviously was not really learned from. No one that I know (outside of random anonymous forum people) played that game beyond the 30 day subscription included with purchase. Expecting companies to only do as well as they did in former disappointments is a sure fire way to never make them inclined to do better.
Wrong at almost every level. CoH had over 180,000 ACTIVE subscribers in the first 90 days, so even though no one YOU knew played beyond 30 days, the 179,999 people you don't know DID.

An MMO that achieves over $100 million in revenue over the course of four years is hardly a disappointment. Admittedly, the game has peaked, but every MMO does, even the most successful one, World of ********.

One thing about CoH that I can tell you from being in 4th wave of Closed Beta was that the game had its share of issues in the beginning but within 4-6 months, it was rock solid. Issue 17 is on the horizon, so beyond just adding City of Villains to the mix, there have been a number of updates (all free) since its release.

Not too shabby for a "disappointment."