Lt. Commander
# 1 Rename
02-14-2010, 03:55 PM
Hey guys, I love Star Trek and im loving your game so far as well. One thing I would love to see though. I find that as I am lvling (stand by, its about to get a lill nerdy) that I have come closer to my crew. Its almost as if i know what to expect of them and I have a relationship of sorts........ with that, I had an itch today to rename my engineering officer's short name to Chief.... kindov unformal. then I had a though.. what if at some point I want to call my first officer by his first name? like say to star off I want to call him "Number 1" but later want to change it to Will. Just a though. I guess my suggestion is to make names unchangeable,, but to beable to change the short name.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2010, 02:59 PM
I ran into the same sort of thing. Only I wanted to change my one officers last name. Maybe have some sort of paid name change I would be fine with for the full name, not that I could find that for officers or main character anywhere. I wouldn't mind if the full name was locked and the short name was changeable. No one in the actual world has a permanent nickname.