Lt. Commander
# 1 Sensor Dish Upgrades
02-13-2010, 08:34 PM
I am due for a new Sensor Dish and I have 4 to choose from as a reward. But they have tons of stats on them. What do they mean like starship +17 defector dish +10 and such. What are the differences between them. Any lnks to sites that explain them would also be helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-13-2010, 09:02 PM
The various stats improve different science officer powers. Too see which stats improve which powers check this list. For example looking at the list, you can see that improving the Starship Deflector Dish improves:

Tachyon Beam
Energy Siphon
Gravity Well
Tykens Rift
Photonic Shock wave

Be careful, many of the names are similar, you need an exact match to improve the corresponding ability. For example Starship Deflector is not the same as Starship Deflector Dish which is not the same as Starship Deflector Field.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-14-2010, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakinator
I am due for a new Sensor Dish and I have 4 to choose from as a reward. But they have tons of stats on them. What do they mean like starship +17 defector dish +10 and such. What are the differences between them. Any lnks to sites that explain them would also be helpful.
You might find the Skills: The Numbers link in my sig to be useful.

Hope it helps.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2010, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadB
You might find the Skills: The Numbers link in my sig to be useful.

Hope it helps.
thanks for those article. lot's of reading, but very helpful!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2010, 02:34 PM
So does an upgraded deflector dish modify BO skills as well as our own? I'm asking because I substantially upgraded my deflector dish (more than doubled the bonus) and my BO's Jam Sensors I ability did not improve. And yeah, I made sure to get the dish that modified that skill.

So is that a bug or do BO skills only get modified by OUR skills?

Z
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2010, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
So does an upgraded deflector dish modify BO skills as well as our own? I'm asking because I substantially upgraded my deflector dish (more than doubled the bonus) and my BO's Jam Sensors I ability did not improve. And yeah, I made sure to get the dish that modified that skill.

So is that a bug or do BO skills only get modified by OUR skills?

Z
Equipment technically modifies your skill values, which in turn increases the effectiveness of your power and your BO's powers. So if you're not seeing an improvement in Jam Sensors I, you either didn't get the right dish (yes, I did read where you said you did) or it's bugged. Also, double check that Jam Sensors isn't improving, sometimes it takes the server a moment to update.

It doesn't update their skill points or skill values, however, so if you were looking at those you wouldn't see a difference. You should see a difference when you mouse over the icon on your UI.