Lt. Commander
# 101
02-16-2010, 05:03 PM
OP rushed through the game. OP rushed through the game. Any true fan of Star Trek would have taken his/her time to enjoy the game instead of plowing through it.
Lt. Commander
# 102
02-16-2010, 05:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seupsut View Post
I thought it pretty odd that the first extra content that they did release was for level 47+. Sure, you'll have those power games that will find the quickest route to cap, and you need something to keep them amuzed, sure, but if you had more content along the way, maybe lowered the XP payout a tad so that you needed to do more to level, then you wouldn't have this problem.

If they're releasing new content it should be for A) the Klingons or B) for mid level ranges. Don't give us more to do at our desitnation, just make the journey longer (and more enjoyable).

And while doing so, please limit our reliance on patrol missions. :p
I agree, give the Klingons some love! And in my opinion leveling does feel like a bit of a grind rather fast when you have to rely on deep space encounters/defend/explore missions.
Lt. Commander
# 103
02-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherfungus View Post
There is a reason many folks are saying....what, is that it ?
along with a die hard group saying...this is normal (it isn't) , just wait..more is comming
I PROMISE.

The what, is this it group are...MMO gamers
The more comming group are trekies

a lot of trekies have zero clue how much content a MMO should have at launch,
they only know that this is star trek and needs to be defended at all costs.

so expect trekies to attack any posting critical of the game, basically...how dare
you attack my private fantasy?
The amount of content there "should be" at release is subjective; nowhere is it defined. And people will always want more than there is.

Would I like more? Of course.

I wonder how many of those people have played through as a different class specializing in a different ship type. Yep. That's content, too. There are 9 combinations of captain class/ship class, and every one represents a slightly different variation of how the content is experienced.

There's also Klingon PvP content.

And different racial attributes.

I suspect many of the people who are complaining about a lack of content haven't even gone through a second character. That's not how STO is realized right now. You don't endlessly build "up", you build "out". You replay it with different conditions.

If you want to complain about the "end' being reached early, hell... DA:O only took me a few days to complete. But after that I played through 3 more times as different race/class combos.
Lt. Commander
# 104
02-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Q
yeah i redid my math lol 8 hours a day O_o woah didnt feel like it
Time passed more quickly in your perception BECAUSE YOU WERE HAVING FUN.

Welcome to reality. Nice to see you.
Lt. Commander
# 105
02-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Woohooo, and we're out for the Longest "MOAR ENDGAME CONTENT!!" thread record!
Lt. Commander
# 106
02-16-2010, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruivo
Woohooo, and we're out for the Longest "MOAR ENDGAME CONTENT!!" thread record!
lets make it longer lol
Lt. Commander
# 107
02-16-2010, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuber
Time passed more quickly in your perception BECAUSE YOU WERE HAVING FUN.

Welcome to reality. Nice to see you.

hehe i know i was ^_^ and im haveing fun as a klink >_O
Lt. Commander
# 108
02-16-2010, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
The amount of content there "should be" at release is subjective; nowhere is it defined. And people will always want more than there is.

Would I like more? Of course.

I wonder how many of those people have played through as a different class specializing in a different ship type. Yep. That's content, too. There are 9 combinations of captain class/ship class, and every one represents a slightly different variation of how the content is experienced.

There's also Klingon PvP content.

And different racial attributes.

I suspect many of the people who are complaining about a lack of content haven't even gone through a second character. That's not how STO is realized right now. You don't endlessly build "up", you build "out". You replay it with different conditions.

If you want to complain about the "end' being reached early, hell... DA:O only took me a few days to complete. But after that I played through 3 more times as different race/class combos.
Ok, I know for sure......your not an MMO gamer
OHHHHH 9 possible combinations

..........should I even tell him ?

you know how many combinations are possible in wow or AO or **** or early SWG ect..
at thier launches?

nah ignorance is bliss
Lt. Commander
# 109
02-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Q
hehe i know i was ^_^ and im haveing fun as a klink >_O
LOL. It's one of the reasons I spend as much time on the forums as I do. I can perceive how time is passing here. If I log into the game, I look up at the clock and 4 hours are gone...
Lt. Commander
# 110
02-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherfungus View Post
Ok, I know for sure......your not an MMO gamer
OHHHHH 9 possible combinations

..........should I even tell him ?

you know how many combinations are possible in wow or AO or **** or early SWG ect..
at thier launches?

nah ignorance is bliss
Where did I say STO had more combinations than those others?
Good job arguing against a point nobody made...

In fact... I never even suggested STO had more content than WoW. But hey... if fighting imaginary monsters does it for you, who am I to argue?