Lt. Commander
# 81
02-15-2010, 03:58 PM
A number of people here have claimed that feedback in these forums is ignored or not even looked at by the devs. While thats probably likely its certainly possible that they do. As an example CCP the makers of EvE online often respond to and use feedback from the forums. The even eventually created the CSM (Council of Stellar Management) which is basically a commitee of players who are elected by the playerbase to represent their wants for future expansions and fixes. While I have no information that Cryptic has or plans to ever do anything like this I wouldn't discount the idea that some well thought out posts do get reviewed by the devs.

Just food for thought.
Lt. Commander
# 82
02-15-2010, 04:06 PM
This thread is the essence of Jerk Trek Online. Great job in trashing a great IP, at least the IP will always survive. And all the haters can finally enjoy their echo chamber when it's just them and Cryptic. Win/Win for all!

Lt. Commander
# 83
02-15-2010, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedryn View Post
Here is a simple exercise for those who have been around since early beta. Other than making changes to general complaints how many specific, user suggested, mechanics changes have been even discussed, let alone implemented?
Bridge interiors as social spaces.
PvE content for Klingons.
Vibora being made a now FREE expansion (Champions, yes, but still Cryptic)
Lt. Commander
# 84
02-16-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xMentalxLintx
Bridge interiors as social spaces.
This isn't a change in game mechanics, its just another instance. The mechanics for it were already in the game.

Quote:
PvE content for Klingons.
Again, no change to the game mechanics, simply writing the episodes for the other faction. No change.

Quote:
Vibora being made a now FREE expansion (Champions, yes, but still Cryptic)
Business descision that has nothing to do with game design at all.
Lt. Commander
# 85
02-16-2010, 08:22 PM
Try to avoid attempts to ascend to the terminology throne. I'm talking about things that WEREN'T possible in the game, and now they are. "Mechanically," I could not enter my bridge--I could have clicked all the buttons I could find, but it wouldn't have happened. Now I can. The game now works differently, because it "works" in such a way that I can go to my bridge and invite friends DIRECTLY to it (which I can't do in a ground mission).

The issue at stake here is your assertion that the developers don't "come to the forums for ideas." You made the assertion, and it has been countered. Don't retroactively try to use terminology to redefine the terms of discussion.

The Devs have changed how things work. They'll be changing Science Team to work AFTER Viral Matrix is done. Is the "framework" already in place? Yeah. But they're changing how something works based solely on the fact that people asked for it.

No one here is claiming they'll alter the game to a top-down shooter/platformer if we asked hard enough. It's pretty clear though that the developers DO respond to the playerbase, and that this is accomplished via the forums.