Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Stuck
02-16-2010, 08:04 PM
What in gods name made Cryptic rquire a GM's assistance to suicide when a person is stuck in a scenario? If you are stuck and you could actually get a GM the problem could be solved but when GM's are not avail and we use the /killme command we need a GM, Does this sound mildly moronic to anyone else?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Mildly, yes. In CB and OB where there's far less people playing, I can understand they'd want to make sure you let them know where when, why and how you got stuck, but for live, making /stuck function to get someone out of trouble when they're stuck in terrain on the ground, or in debris while in space seemed logical to me. /shrug

There's other ways to get out of situations. Transwarp or beaming up if they're available. You can use the /killme and just abort the mission if possible. Using Emergency Maneuvers if you have it has been said to help you get out of sticky situations in space. I've gone so far as to join a PvP queue to zone out and back in on one occasion, and that worked quite nicely. There's lots of ways to get yourself out of it if you think outside the box.

but yeah, you shouldn't have to.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2010, 09:28 PM
try /unstuck
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2010, 10:19 PM
doesn't work. It just says /stuck can't be used and tells you to use /killme instead, which opens the form to report it to a GM.

Tried that one too Moreover, /stuck, while it doesn't actually *do* anything, but doesn't report an error, will stop working if you use /unstuck first.