Lt. Commander
# 1 Bridge office outranks me bug
02-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Not sure how this happened, but i think it was when i was lagging or something, and i went to promote one of my BOs. It gave me an error so tried again. Same thing a couple of times. Now my BO is max rank, and i can't train him in any skills even the first level ones.

I'm LT CMDR 6, she's CMDR. This is awkward. Is there a way to fix this without deleting her? Or will i have to just hang on to her until i'm high enough to train her?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2010, 01:31 PM
It seems like weird things happen if the server's lagging out when you do stuff with BOs. I had an officer in OB that was over-promoted like yours. I have a current BO that managed to end up with two ensign ground abilities. In those cases, though, nothing became broken -- I could continue training them, and they'd use all the abilities they had available.

I'd suggest calling for GM help in-game. Hopefully they can fix the BO so you can properly use it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2010, 01:35 PM
Happened to one of my Engineers, although, I only promoted them to the same rank as me. However, now he drops Medical Generators every time it's off cooldown, regardless of being in combat or not.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Talk about awkward: I picked up a tactical officer as a redshirt for away missions. I just noticed after promoting him that he is a Rear Admiral.

Now my poor Commander has to take orders from a Redshirt! (But the extra skills available are nice tho.)