Lt. Commander
I'm a 44 engineer flying a cruiser, every very rare bo I've been given is a science or tac. Who's bright idea was it to make these rewards class inappropriate? Now I'll have to fork out 2 million on the EC to get RSP III. Genius!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-16-2010, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by landerfha View Post
I'm a 44 engineer flying a cruiser, every very rare bo I've been given is a science or tac. Who's bright idea was it to make these rewards class inappropriate? Now I'll have to fork out 2 million on the EC to get RSP III. Genius!
Random sucks. Go design a better game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-16-2010, 09:39 PM
Oh....my....gods! You mean you might have to spend...MONEY to get something you want?!? How INHUMAN! Why, I was at the car dealership just the other day and drove off with a new Mustang just because I wanted it! Now if you can do that in real life why can't you...wait a sec...someone's at the door. Yes officer? What do you mean I'm under arrest? OUCH! OUCH!! AAAAA dont' tase me bro!"

Ya know, call me silly, but I'm thinking something that is very rare might be, oh, I dunno. Hard to get. Due to being, ya know, VERY RARE. Call me silly!
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamui View Post
Oh....my....gods! You mean you might have to spend...MONEY to get something you want?!? How INHUMAN! Why, I was at the car dealership just the other day and drove off with a new Mustang just because I wanted it! Now if you can do that in real life why can't you...wait a sec...someone's at the door. Yes officer? What do you mean I'm under arrest? OUCH! OUCH!! AAAAA dont' tase me bro!"

Ya know, call me silly, but I'm thinking something that is very rare might be, oh, I dunno. Hard to get. Due to being, ya know, VERY RARE. Call me silly!
You are silly.... there, you asked for it.

Seriously though, you're right. To the OP I say that the rarest, most useful things in any MMO either require a large amount time trying to obtain it or a large amount of currency to buy it. I've not played any MMO where this is any different.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamui View Post
Call me silly!
You're silly.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Ugh. Didn't notice I typed 'Call me silly' twice.
Proofread 4tehwin! Ah well, I've always felt no one can do as good a job as I can at making me look like an idiot, so I'll leave it <G>.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-16-2010, 09:56 PM
I'd rather a system that didn't spoon feed you what you needed. In fact I'd rather drops weren't what you were looking for. This facilitates a need for players to actually cooperate. Imagine that.

Its not random. Its a very tuned psuedo random. I'm sure it makes sure to distribute only so many items of a type into the game world, as most stuff ends up in the market. Your singular experience isn't definitive of how the system works.

Don't be a critic. You couldn't do better.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-16-2010, 11:12 PM
Yeah I was in the same boat. Just got all tactical and science. No one in my fleet got a purple engineer. Same ones. 42 tactical, 43 Science, 44 Tactical, 45 Science. That happened for 4 different people in the same order. Same races. Same skills. Not very random. I got that skill on a blue random though somewhere in my 30s which was weird.