Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
The skillpoint reward is like 20-30 points more for winning not really a price if you ask me .....
This only leads to ppl not giving a damm about winning on some maps, they just wait out or fight a big ball in the center of the map to rack up damage .

Cryptic should make winning worth a bit more and give us something to fight for...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 03:02 AM
ego, e-peen and such
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
ego, e-peen and such
eaven worse is ppl that leave fights and dont even get the exp for entering the fight at all... i mean whats the point to eaven go into the pvp que then?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
The skillpoint reward is like 20-30 points more for winning not really a price if you ask me .....
This only leads to ppl not giving a damm about winning on some maps, they just wait out or fight a big ball in the center of the map to rack up damage .

Cryptic should make winning worth a bit more and give us something to fight for...
I'm in PvP maps because I enjoy the PvP. I'm fighting for the sake of having a good fight. It may seem like a shocking idea, but I actually play these games for fun, rather than treating them like a second job (or is that first job for most of those people?)

There are actually sound reasons for NOT giving out much bigger rewards for winning. If someone who is new to PvP, or just learning, gets nothing but a kerb-stomping and some trash talk then he's less likely to come back for another helping.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 04:48 AM
Thought the rewards were basically the same its about damage done + healing done that gets you the biogger reward aka encourages fighting??

But I could well be wrong as I dont really pay much attention to the rewards
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2010, 05:07 AM
Exactly I do not care if I lose or win. I run up to fed with my klingon and hack away at them (never even used any ranged weapons at all).. I die more often than not.. (does it matter.. no).. I just like hacking away Now if losing actually mattered I would not run in and attack with melee weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2010, 05:46 AM
Why care if u win or loose in pvp ???????

No sane person likes to loose. So basicly the topic in itself is retarded.

If you wanna discuss about the difference of win or loose, well there is none if you only want to level or gain honor/credits.

Basicly you could que to those control maps and just semi afk thru them by the other team winning and still gain exp etc, thus meaning you could do that all day while looking movies in a dual screen composition and just enjoy the free levels.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2010, 07:11 AM
Well, Bloodlance, apparently lots of insane people like to play STO then.

Because lots of people obviously don't care that they are losing. Sometimes they'll even charge into us and jump up and down until killed (http://thepurge.net/public/goodjob.wmv).

This is by design. I've seen Jakelope comment that he doesn't mind losing as long as there's a reward for it. I think he meant to take the sting away from losing but in doing so he made a lot of people stop caring about winning, which ends up ruining the game.

It's like if the chess league paid for $100 for winning and $80 for losing. Lots of people would start playing chess just to lose as rapidly as possible. You'd destroy the integrity of the game.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-17-2010, 07:32 AM
Unfortunately developers have found out from past attempts that if you dont give the losing players a reward they wont bother playing.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-17-2010, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetier View Post
Unfortunately developers have found out from past attempts that if you dont give the losing players a reward they wont bother playing.
You could still leave a reward in it just needs to be noticeably different. Say a percentage of the winner's reward. Something around 50% would probably fair pretty well.