Lt. Commander
# 51
02-15-2010, 04:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hivewasp View Post
This is where I stopped reading. If you think you hold the only truth on the matter; good for you.
I don't think so. Looking for solutions is better. Sadly you offer none.

If you think everything fine n dandy, say so. Otherwise YOU tell me what the real issue is.
Lt. Commander
# 52 Cloaks
02-17-2010, 05:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by To3cutter View Post
Biggest issue with cloak is that it can be kept on for 98% of the time. I've played both sides, not too much KDF yet though I'll admit.

Cloak could have a duration, the cooldown should be longer than the duration (e.g. 3 min duration, 4 min cooldown) so you can't instacloak straight after an ambush and battle cloak should be BOP only

The above suggestion WILL cause tears.
I think you lot need to get a grip.

I will put it simply (and before you ask i have a Fed. Rear Admiral 5 so don't say I am klingon biased). Klingons have cloaks. This point is not debatable. Nor are the modes and characteristics of it. I say this why ? Because that's how it is in the only real important source of information, the actual Star Trek movies and series. End of discussion.

As for making it timed or BOP only ... Bad idea. Incidentally you are aware that there are already BOP skills in the game for preventing people from cloaking ? Insta-cloaking is as such not an issue. Just pop it and a pbaoe pulse will prevent any ship in range from cloaking for 12 seconds. If anything I call that an already big nerf to the cloak deal. Also there is no insta-cloaking. Cloaking means you drop your shields and only 3 seconds later are you actually cloaked. I get killed as a Klingon the most in those 3 seconds. It's a big gamble that unlike MES will not guarantee a a 'save'. Also the cloak already has a timer that prevents you from cloaking for (i believe, would have to check) 30 seconds after decloaking so ...

That said I suppose that there should be some form of compensation also 'canon' to the series. At a cost. A BOP Lt. Commander or even Commander skill so that it would not render cloak totally pointless (because not every single fed ship can have it this way, only sience vessels or so). It's seen in the series often enough. Limited range (3-5 k max) and maybe even make it so it can be counteracted partially by klingons at the expense of console module slots (in which case the base range could be upped to 6-7 k and the console modules could counteract to reduce that range to 3-4 K by strengthening the cloaking device).

At the same time I would like to point out to all of you holloring for a nerf on the cloaks out there that contrary to Federation characters there is very little in terms of missions (that are not pvp linked) that allow Klingons to level. I can see the logic in that but that means nerfing the one advantage Klingons do have into oblivion for what is their main way of leveling will lead to only one result ... An ever decreasing supply of them for PVP or at the least very few of them ever making it to level 45. It's insane to see how some of you are ranting about having to wait too long in the PVP queue and at the same time ranting about this.

I often spend a LOOOOONG time waiting for a spot in a pvp scenario as my Fed. Char. My Klingon char usually does not even get the chance to select a second queue to join before being called into battle. Draw your own conclusions as to why.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-17-2010, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otheym81 View Post
PvP cloak is not an adventage, it is a disadventage.

Cloak is irrelevant when you premade.

Even if we would approach without cloak, we would have plenty time to select targets. (we always select the same target when we premade, its a list type, so there is no need to talk when we approach).

Cloaking tactical adventage in premades, irrelevant

Cloaking, when you decloak you are instantly alpha striked by 5 x Feds, and the 1st dps that is made is from fed side (when you decloak there is a small pause before you can dps, thus feds start it by smashing spacebar). Pro Feds, concentrate on 1st Klingon that decloaks and RSPs. Feds drops his shields and he is dead before he gets his shields up (if he is stupid and is near the ball). Anyway a clear disadventage to decloak 1st and taking 1st Alpha in the face.

Cloaking disadventage.

Klingon:
Decloak (cloak deley)
RSP
start dps

Fed:
Dps start ( 5 x feds )
beam overload ( 5 x feds )
torpedos hit (some of them)

Where is the cloak adventage ? i cant see it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Carrier is fine as it is, dont know how to play one and cry about turn rate, l2p, i enjoy Carrier even when it turns like a Pregnant Mammoth. i dont care its a Carrier and i love it, and i can manage the turning as i have 250 arc beams with it. So whats the big problem with Fed ships crying about turn rate ? using 90 arc weapons ? l2p and use the 250 arc ones.

And about the 18k detection of stealther Klingons ? it is possible, but you need 125 AUX and all buffs to the detection talent. ( IMO dont bother detecting, if you play in premade just concentrate to other stuff like survival and CC ).

Like in other threads, there has been multiple complaints about the average skill level of Feds in T5, they are bad, really bad players. And the QQ they do is bechose they are bad players and we all know bad players will never be happy even if you nerf X, they cry next day about Y and Z, and after that the wheel turns and they cry more and more and more... all they should do is to look into a mirror and Voila, there is your problem.
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-17-2010, 06:37 AM
I don't think its okay that people are able to cloak when they take heavy damage and are on the verge of dying.
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-17-2010, 06:38 AM
Also, even if Klingons would not have a cloak. Feds would be in a ball. Even Klingons would be in a ball.

Balling is normal when you have a team vs team thing in an instanced closed enviroment.
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-17-2010, 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakkara View Post
I don't think its okay that people are able to cloak when they take heavy damage and are on the verge of dying.
HA, if you are focused and you cloak, you loose your shields and trust me in T4 and T5 its instant death if you cloak while being hammered by 2+ feds.
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-17-2010, 06:59 AM
I played in tier 3 yesterday and avoided getting within 10k because most groups would pop my cloak. It happens quite easily it seems. And one game the feds were losing badly so I decided to not use cloak for the rest of the match. Frankly I only go in cloak when I need to regroup otherwise I leave it off as an intimidation thing.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-17-2010, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodlance View Post
HA, if you are focused and you cloak, you loose your shields and trust me in T4 and T5 its instant death if you cloak while being hammered by 2+ feds.
Exactly my point, for some reason some people here seem to think cloaking is a guaranteed save every time. Far from it. It goes hit cloak button, shields drop, wait for 3 seconds while enemies can still shoot the crap out of you and now you don't even have shields, then the cloak enables. And trust me when I say you often still get hit after that fact. automated defense turrets for one see right through cloak (i guess it's a bug) and torpedos or cannon blasts that were on their way from however far out will still catch up.

Can you use it to get out of a bad spot ? Sure, but only if you are really lucky. I don't want to put statistics on it but I would say popping cloak can save you maybe 3 or 4 out of 10 times. The other times it's actually a boon to your enemies since you have dropped shields.
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-17-2010, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by To3cutter View Post
Biggest issue with cloak is that it can be kept on for 98% of the time. I've played both sides, not too much KDF yet though I'll admit.

Cloak could have a duration, the cooldown should be longer than the duration (e.g. 3 min duration, 4 min cooldown) so you can't instacloak straight after an ambush and battle cloak should be BOP only

The above suggestion WILL cause tears.
THIS! I remember in ST 3 when the Klingons were hiding waiting for the Fed ships to come to the Genesis planet, and they kept sweating every time the duration on their cloaks was up, and they had to wait a minute to use it again.

Oh wait, I don't remember any of that....