Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-17-2010, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristoforo
It is kind of sickening how some Klingon players whine about feds sticking together, calling it the 'fedball.'
After a while, you get used to it. But dont you dare call klingonball a fedball !
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-17-2010, 08:53 AM
Wait till you get get to Admiral/General and all you see is one or two carriers . That's the Klingonball. Honestly , we had one group that didn't even bother . They saw 2 carriers and left.

Oh well , things will change , maps , skills and ships . Balancing is on the way . I just worry how badly it will F things up.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-17-2010, 08:56 AM
75% klingons in T5 is playing neghvar, 15% carriers, 9% BoPs and 1% raptors. Trust me, i have seen my fair share of it :-)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-17-2010, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
75% klingons in T5 is playing neghvar, 15% carriers, 9% BoPs and 1% raptors. Trust me, i have seen my fair share of it :-)
Can't blame them , the Negh'Var is a lot of fun . The power slide and just the overall fun factor. Raptors are just useless, as of T-3 , there is potential . The devs need to fiddle with this design a bit. BoP just shred to easy at T-5 , for most people. Carriers = Space rock , but if you get close they will F you up , not something you approach alone.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-17-2010, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
Can't blame them , the Negh'Var is a lot of fun . The power slide and just the overall fun factor. Raptors are just useless, as of T-3 , there is potential . The devs need to fiddle with this design a bit. BoP just shred to easy at T-5 , for most people. Carriers = Space rock , but if you get close they will F you up , not something you approach alone.
I dont blame them. i just find hilarious the fact, that most klingons who whined and belitteled feds for using "ball" in lower tiers, are now hapilly forming their own ball I see nothing wrong wih the tactic, i just find the hypocrisy hilarious.

Oh and raptor isnt useless, else fed escort would be useless also. Its just requires patience and means to escape the alpha strike. I got used to it, that im first target, and unless someone SNB me, i can run away.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-17-2010, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalnar
I dont blame them. i just find hilarious the fact, that most klingons who whined and belitteled feds for using "ball" in lower tiers, are now hapilly forming their own ball I see nothing wrong wih the tactic, i just find the hypocrisy hilarious.

Oh and raptor isnt useless, else fed escort would be useless also. Its just requires patience and means to escape the alpha strike. I got used to it, that im first target, and unless someone SNB me, i can run away.
You know , at first I hated the Fedball , but once you start to look at it and think about it , it really poses a challenge that entertains in pvp. I started to look at it as a lot of fun . Now at T-5 the shoe is on the other foot , and Feds are bit intimadated having to attack , and not knowing what will pop out on them . Isn't that suppose to be the fun part ?

I mean we had one carrier last night and got our buts handed to us. I think it was 15/7 . They played well and didn't panick and supported . More importantly they kept the escort up he had somewhere in the area of 440 000 + damage and zero deaths. I left that map a bit envious , that we had that much damage availible to our team . Then we traded one pug for another and guess what ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Well it was more of your team fault to not kill of escorts. As escort player i can say, if noone bothers me, i can do really havoc..if i have to run often, my performace is dropping. But you got me wrong, i dont mind seeing klingons in ball, its actualy pretty predictable. Either the lone carrier has 4 BoPs hidden around with VM+SNB, or he has aux on max and FB III ready...i usualy wait till the show starts, and pawns moved...and target the poor BoPs first..

Now it would be much more interesting if MES worked. I mean not like cloak, but significantly lowered the distance enemies can see me from. Some SNB+VM ganks at the start are pretty tasteless.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristoforo
It is kind of sickening how some Klingon players whine about feds sticking together, calling it the 'fedball.'
Well I dont call sticking together a fedball.

On the other hand 90% of the games I have played I have to race over to the feds spawn point only to be met with a group of 5 feds all surrounded by mines and have no intention of moving and inch together or otherwise, thats a fedball.

There are some teams and fleets out there that understand they dont have to cower in a corner together in fear of the mighty Klingons. In fact it is better for us that you do stay in one place so I would perfer you keep doing it and here is why.

1. We can align all of our ships for the attack, get in to postition and range.
2. We can easily identify your ships and classes to assign targets.
3. Its much easier for us as Pugs to group our ships and play as a team when you do this.
4. We can very easily attack from behind your usually pointed in 1 direction in some sort of formation.
5. We always know where you are.

A moving target is much harder to hit then a stationary one, something I am sure the more experience groups already know. On another note sending out a lone escort 20k away from the fedball is not really a very inviting target, we arnt biting. It is actually kind of funny to see this and to think that you find this a viable strategy, but its a step in the right direction.

So dont get me wrong I am not slamming the fedball in fact I love it hangout at the gate and wait for the end to come because it is coming.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:27 AM.