Lt. Commander
# 1 Holodecks
02-17-2010, 12:58 PM
I think the idea of a Holodeck would be cool. It could be like a world/creature generator like they use in Spore of it could be for training for ground combat, etc. You could go to it from your bridge and give the bridge an added use
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffball View Post
I think the idea of a Holodeck would be cool. It could be like a world/creature generator like they use in Spore of it could be for training for ground combat, etc. You could go to it from your bridge and give the bridge an added use
How about using the Holodeck idea for player-generated content, like in City of Heroes?
Lt. Commander
# 3 Holo-deck = fun
02-17-2010, 01:31 PM
Hmm a holo-deck would be good for training or just chilling lol. Maybe have holo-programs even as drops lol

I just hope in the future we'll be able to actually roam around our ships and visit a holo-deck or perform other things that were mentioned years ago lol
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Hmm a holo-deck would be good for training or just chilling lol. Maybe have holo-programs even as drops lol

I just hope in the future we'll be able to actually roam around our ships and visit a holo-deck or perform other things that were mentioned years ago lol
They are making ship interiors, but it will take time to make them.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 01:51 PM
I'd like a holodeck to set up combat simulations to try out both space and ground combat builds. I can sorta do space combat trials by picking a low-level DSE to see how my new ship weapon setups work, but I'd like to specify the number and level of my opponents. I don't even care if I don't get points for the encounters; I'm just want to see how a given ship performs, or work on particular tactics.

I'd also like away team training scenarios to fine-tune weapon/kit combos and refine tactics.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2010, 01:55 PM
I think the idea of a holodeck would be cool. Maybe instead of going into battle and learning the hard way that your current ship set up is going to get you killed, going into the holodeck and messing with the weapons layout and energy settings, BO buffs, etc. It would definitely be helpful to say the least. You could also do the same for ground combat, to see what weapons to take, which BO to use, etc. Just my 2 cents.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2010, 02:06 PM
I would love to try the Kobyashi Maru scenario in the holodeck when it is released.