Lt. Commander
# 21
02-17-2010, 05:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar_Corvus
You can already make Hirogen,....
My empire character is Hirogen....
gotta use the alien editor, but all the parts are there...minus the armor.

Personally, i wanna play cardassian!
or Q....
Yeah you can make a Hirogen but you don't get their ships or the species abilities. The hardest species ive fought in game apart from the bog in the Gamma Orionis sector is the Reman, their psychic abilities are very dangerous.

I like the Cardassians to but they don't feel the same way they did int he early episodes of DS9, they feel more like refugees now who need loads of help.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Danar
Yeah you can make a Hirogen but you don't get their ships or the species abilities. The hardest species ive fought in game apart from the bog in the Gamma Orionis sector is the Reman, their psychic abilities are very dangerous.

I like the Cardassians to but they don't feel the same way they did int he early episodes of DS9, they feel more like refugees now who need loads of help.
I've had more trouble with those Starrellek (or what ever they are called, its random generated I think) in the B'Tran Cluster Daily, than either the Borg or the Remans.

As for the Cardassians feeling like refugees, surely that gives them a great chance as playable? What could be better for Cardassia than to help it rebuild?.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar_Corvus
Personally, i wanna play cardassian!
or Q....
/QFT
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-17-2010, 12:56 PM
The Remans are obviously Chaos-tainted and therefore deserving of nothing besides exterminatus.

The Hirogen are mercenaries who wish they were like Predator. But they suck.

I would play a Romulan with an all Romulan crew.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-17-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
The Remans are obviously Chaos-tainted and therefore deserving of nothing besides exterminatus.

The Hirogen are mercenaries who wish they were like Predator. But they suck.

I would play a Romulan with an all Romulan crew.
That isn't true! Hirogens are awesome! You're just jealous because you can't have an awesome facemask.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-17-2010, 02:09 PM
As far as the Romulan Faction goes I would definately be a Romulan, there has never been a non-romulan Captain of a Warbird in the series (I'm not going to start about ST-X: Nemisis). I will most likely have a Reman as Bridge officer (possibly Engineering or Science) and a Hirogen as Tactical (seems logical for capable Tacticians). I just can't really see a Romulan Warbird without a Romulan Captain and First Officer on the bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-17-2010, 02:51 PM
I don't know about a Romulan faction. But I say add Breen as a playable race for a new Romulan, or perhaps the Klingon playable race list.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotten_Emu View Post
As far as the Romulan Faction goes I would definately be a Romulan, there has never been a non-romulan Captain of a Warbird in the series (I'm not going to start about ST-X: Nemisis). I will most likely have a Reman as Bridge officer (possibly Engineering or Science) and a Hirogen as Tactical (seems logical for capable Tacticians). I just can't really see a Romulan Warbird without a Romulan Captain and First Officer on the bridge.
Hirogen have their own type of ships and Reman have the same ships yet their's are painted Black with a green tint on the edges. Whether this transfers into when they become available who knows.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Hirogens are an homage to the Predators of the Alien vs. Predator franchise(the similarities are too obvious). That makes them totally awesome by default. The Reman are just Nosferatu vampires in space. Screw them!
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-17-2010, 03:12 PM
why are the Hirogen in the alpha quadrant anyway? they are from the delta quadrant right?
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-17-2010, 03:14 PM
I kinda liked the one Reman that was the chief villain in the first season of Buffy. He had a sense of humor. By the time we see the thousands of Remans in the last season of the show, the whole concept got to be a little draining. Putting them in Star Trek was just eyerollingly unnecessary.

If I were forced to choose between the two, I'd choose the Hirogen. There would at least be a mildly amusing roleplay angle of attempting to frame my every action in terms of a hunt, or at least some sort of a metaphor for a hunt.

Romulans generally seem to have more personality than either of the other two, though.