Lt. Commander
# 21
02-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyNine
13 posts today. Thanks for staying in touch, Cryptic.

You might want to have the maid hit that forum twice a week to keep the cobwebs down.
You give them too much credit.

The number is 7 all the rest are in the same threads.

It's 3 if you want to know which forums, and here's the big number.

its ZERO with information about the game. Plans, responses to posts that have 1k people talking but nobody from Cryptic will get involved (and 10k views).

Ask a tough game question, get ignored.

Bi tch about mini-skirts and 3-4 devs are in there 'discussing' the horror and game-breaking "issue".

Sigh
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Sorry, but you lose. The reason you dont want to give a real number is because if you do, and they actually meet it(or it is obviously unrealistic compared to other MMOs), you cant complain about it.

/fail
Actually you epic fail, time to make 13 posts? probably 5 minutes. TOPS - HELL i've posted MORE here today in 10 minutes than the DEVS who run the damn game.

NOT ONE single post on real big issues players are discussing (go look at the posts with 1k or more responses) NOT a single cryptic remark.

Defend them all you want, but even ONE response to a hot topic would be nice. There ya go, my number is anything above ZERO to our discussions (hot topics).

Not sure why you feel the need to defend, but your seriously misguided. On the flip-side, you are going to be THRILLED with McDonalds service with your bar for customer service set where it is.

G
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-17-2010, 03:48 PM
I don't know if the OP (or others) even read through the Dev Tracker because despite how many dev posts there has been today, they're all from one person: Coderanger

And he's basically responding to only account login problems. F-to the-AIL

.....i just wanted to say fail =(
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gildon View Post
Actually you epic fail, time to make 13 posts? probably 5 minutes. TOPS - HELL i've posted MORE here today in 10 minutes than the DEVS who run the damn game.

NOT ONE single post on real big issues players are discussing (go look at the posts with 1k or more responses) NOT a single cryptic remark.

Defend them all you want, but even ONE response to a hot topic would be nice. There ya go, my number is anything above ZERO to our discussions (hot topics).

Not sure why you feel the need to defend, but your seriously misguided. On the flip-side, you are going to be THRILLED with McDonalds service with your bar for customer service set where it is.

G
what would you prefer

a dev to log in and say "i'm sorry, i cant do anything about this, see, i make textures, this is a database issue, but i'm fairly sure they're working on it" and be jumped all over by people who are angry.

or the dev or devs who are working on the problem to stop working on it and log on to say "yeah, we're working on it, well not right now because i'm on the forums" and be jumped all over for not being at work on it

situations like that they cant win, if they say they're aware and working on a fix people are angry because its not done yet, and if they stay silent to avoid that situation then people complain they're not being listened to...

frankly i'd go with saying nothing and getting the work done myself.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-17-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugen4 View Post
I don't know if the OP (or others) even read through the Dev Tracker because despite how many dev posts there has been today, they're all from one person: Coderanger

And he's basically responding to only account login problems. F-to the-AIL

.....i just wanted to say fail =(
Its starting to become obvious to me that after the whole Gozer incident the devs may have said to each other, " Well, if they're going to act like that we just wont talk to them at all! They're rude and obnoxious! Sick of dealing with them! "

So fine, dont post. Thats not going to teach anyone a lesson or anything though. Its just going to probably tick off people more. As is obvious.

And ticked of customers doesnt really help a business.

People are rude, obnoxious, vile, detestable, take your pick. And generous, kind, courteous, etc.

You win some you loose some. Devs or mods should respond and give input and ignore the people that want to flame or get nasty as need be. But that doesnt mean ignore the entire forums.

Maybe they're having a busy day today. Who knows.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Since someone commented on the definition of 'work day' for Cryptic, here's a small rant.

The "work day" for an MMO should be determined by your game's needs, not ensuring you have weekends off. Every single online game has one trend in common; traffic picks up on the evenings and weekends. Shouldn't this be when you have people on hand to deal with the issues and problems that develop more rapidly from the increased player population?

And yet...when we keep having server crashes and lag issues on the weekends and evenings...it seems that no one's manning the office, and we're basically told to sit back and wait for Banker's Hours in California to get any real answers or solutions.

In short, you find yourself working in the gaming/entertainment industry. That means you're working when your client base needs you around. Suck it up, and enjoy a day off sometime during the week. :\
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-17-2010, 04:35 PM
If I had a Dev tag,I wouldn't be caught commenting on anything I didn't absolutely have to. I'd throw the community guy to the pack of rabid jackals.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-17-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinRa_Actual View Post
Since someone commented on the definition of 'work day' for Cryptic, here's a small rant.

The "work day" for an MMO should be determined by your game's needs, not ensuring you have weekends off. Every single online game has one trend in common; traffic picks up on the evenings and weekends. Shouldn't this be when you have people on hand to deal with the issues and problems that develop more rapidly from the increased player population?

And yet...when we keep having server crashes and lag issues on the weekends and evenings...it seems that no one's manning the office, and we're basically told to sit back and wait for Banker's Hours in California to get any real answers or solutions.

In short, you find yourself working in the gaming/entertainment industry. That means you're working when your client base needs you around. Suck it up, and enjoy a day off sometime during the week. :\
Go that corporate route and you'll have no quality developers as they all leave to practice their sciences for non-gaming companies.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-17-2010, 04:46 PM
i've never really expected dev's to reply to posts unless it's a technical issue or something like that, they aren't suppose to get into discussions on the forums, that's not what forums are for anyways, they should have just a separate page on the main site when they want to give announcements or plans, other then that i see no reason for them to engage in any of the discussions here, especially because of how people behave, forums are for fans to discuss topics, not a main line to devs.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-17-2010, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilag
Go that corporate route and you'll have no quality developers as they all leave to practice their sciences for non-gaming companies.
There's "quality developers" anymore? I haven't played a game in 5 years that hasn't come off as not-quite-finished, rushed for release. But that's a whole other rant.

Anyone who goes into the MMO business needs to start doing it with their eyes open; you cater to your clients, and your clients don't do as much gaming during Banker's hours.