Lt. Commander
So I've been playing since launch and I have to say..I'm having a blast. I'm a leisurely player, I work long hours and only can play a small amount of time per night. So leveling too fast hasn't been an issue at all.

Things I love about this game...

- You start of fighting the BORG, nuff said.

- The character generator is awesome. I've never seen this level of customization in an MMO before. I can spend hours on that thing. I can't wait to buy an extra slot from the C-Store. I want it just to have room to make and delete different aliens.

- While there is a bit of grind..some of the missions are amazing. "Breaking the Planet" and "City of the Edge of Never" come to mind. Pretty well written considering how low-level in the game they appear.

- And that leads to me next point "low level" doesn't' feel all that low. Decent ship, equipment, and BOFF all come fairly early. I've yet to feel outmatched or out class. Teaming is fun, but soloing is possible if you need to.

- Leonard Nimoy...'nuff said.

- Really friendly community. Yes, I know people complain on the boards and stuff. But the in-game community has been helpful, welcoming and fun. I honestly haven't had any truly awful experiences..but I also ignore Zone Chat... ))).

All-in-all this is the best money for entertainment value I've spent in awhile. And despite board chatter, in-game folks seemed fairly pleased. I see the same names every night all having a good tme. Can the game use improvement? Yes it can...I want more to do Klingon side. Riza is a bit boring...the crafting system is kind of "meh". But no game I know of has started off perfectly or fully formed. I'm more excited about this game than I have been about any game in years. And I'm an old guy...I've been playing games since "pen-and-paper" games were popular.
Lt. Commander
# 2 Whoa
02-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstahr View Post
- While there is a bit of grind..some of the missions are amazing. "Breaking the Planet" and "City of the Edge of Never" come to mind. Pretty well written considering how low-level in the game they appear.
/agree with 98.653% of your post. City on the Edge of Never. Best written IMHO. Lots of fun

But Breaking the Planet? When it wasn't broken all you do is run around and try to put 5 bombs in five different locations. Uninspired piece of crap. Unless they actually done more with it.

Someone tell me that they actually made it playable and worth visiting. I have it in my quest log but refuse to go there because of all the suckage.

-Sil
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 03:21 PM
Glad to be seeing more threads like this.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 03:23 PM
I would agree City on the Edge of Never was a great mission. I hope to see more missions in the future like this.

Also Leonard Nimoy is epic win. Glad they could get him to do some of the voice narrations in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silhouette View Post
/agree with 98.653% of your post. City on the Edge of Never. Best written IMHO. Lots of fun

But Breaking the Planet? When it wasn't broken all you do is run around and try to put 5 bombs in five different locations. Uninspired piece of crap. Unless they actually done more with it.

Someone tell me that they actually made it playable and worth visiting. I have it in my quest log but refuse to go there because of all the suckage.

-Sil
Maybe I lucked out and had a good team. But I loved it. The team worked really well together even though it was mostly a PUG. I can see it being tedious on a bad team.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2010, 03:50 PM
I loved City on the Edge of Never.