Lt. Commander
# 71
02-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Ok it is telling me I am not allowed to log into this server at this time...what is up with that? I thought I had 30 days until I had to get a subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 72
02-17-2010, 12:54 PM
no you need to have your pre-order associated with your account, to do that you would have to have a subscription (it goes through the process when you add the key) they wont bill you until the 30 days are up.
Lt. Commander
# 73 Help
02-17-2010, 01:00 PM
I understand that I need a retail key to activate my game and log in but after a month I still haven't received my retail box, I ordered the Gold Deluxe Edition from Play.com, they sent me my activation key and my promotion items key but I still havent been given a retail key

I put my credit card details onto my account hoping that maybe I could just add the subscription manually but there wasn't an option for it, is there anyway I can be assigned a temporary key until my box arrives?
Lt. Commander
# 74
02-17-2010, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja2000 View Post
I understand that I need a retail key to activate my game and log in but after a month I still haven't received my retail box, I ordered the Gold Deluxe Edition from Play.com, they sent me my activation key and my promotion items key but I still havent been given a retail key

I put my credit card details onto my account hoping that maybe I could just add the subscription manually but there wasn't an option for it, is there anyway I can be assigned a temporary key until my box arrives?
Contact Cryptic Customer Service as soon as you can with a scan/copy of your receipt. They've been helping players with delayed orders out. Although it has been over two weeks since you ordered...have you contacted play.com to find out what is up with that?
Lt. Commander
# 75 Yes
02-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Oh Play.com are actually impossible to contact, I have been trying all week and just gave up, I ordered two copies one for myself and a friend, my friend has since switched back to playing WOW, I like STO which is why I want to keep with the program!

I will see if I can get billing support its 9:00 pm here so I don't think UK support are open, perhaps I can call the US number and use some Irish charm to convince them to help me

Looks like no response from US or UK its been down 3 days for me now, is anyone from Cryptic available to help I sent a few support tickets?
Lt. Commander
# 76
02-17-2010, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOps
Star Trek Online is up! However...

Currently we are experiencing issues with accounts that have non-basic characters in their name. We will be bringing down the account server for a short period as soon as we can to address this issue. In the meantime we appreciate your patience.
"You are not allowed to login to the server at this time" fix this sh*t first before you guys do anything else. I've paid for the game and subscription, haven't able to play the game since launch.
Lt. Commander
# 77
02-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smulx View Post
Are we going to be compensated for all this downtime? I'm sick of people saying that it's to be expected because the game is new, but I bought the game so I could play properly, not so I could feel like I was part of beta testing.

LAWL...

You're kidding right....

I mean really? REALLY?

/faceplam

If you're that worried about it, then you haven't been playing MMO's for that long a, and b, maybe you shouldn't play them...
Lt. Commander
# 78
02-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipittythefoo

If you're that worried about it, then you haven't been playing MMO's for that long a, and b, maybe you shouldn't play them...
Actually, WoW would SOMETIMES give everyone an extra day or so due to unforseen downtime. Hardly seems worth it to be honest, they simply bill you a day later than they would have.
Lt. Commander
# 79
02-17-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ipittythefoo
LAWL...

You're kidding right....
I mean really? REALLY?

smulx doesn't need to be ridiculed. it's a valid question that doesn't need a sarcastic, judgmental response.

Some folks haven't played MMOs. STO may be their first experience. Be a part of the solution, not a problem.

To smulx:
"Buyer beware" applies to any purchase. Unfortunately, STO players aren't getting a solid, stable playing experience. I know I'm tired of working a long day, tending to family and responsibilities, then trying to catch a few cycles of STO playing time... only to have the server disconnect, become inaccessible, etc.

I wish Cryptic or Atari would step forward and address their issues, although such admissions might leave them vulnerable to legal issues. Admission of failure, despite good intentions, would be unwanted baggage for them.

MMOs are (sadly) notorious for their unscheduled downtimes, their code issues, lackluster customer service and building the perception of a great playing experience... but failing to deliver when the product goes live.

Put bluntly, STO should NEVER have been released from beta until more bugs were fixed and server capacity was addressed. Dealing with the Head Start ("Headache Start") weekend downtimes was horrendous. I would like to be credited back my $$ which I paid Atari for that weekend!

But we're not going to get money back for downtime.

Maybe a class-action lawsuit over failure to deliver promised goods (such as items which I paid for as part of my digital download, but haven't seen in the game, like the TOS uniforms, the "Khaaaaan!!" scream, etc.) would help.

To Cryptic/Atari:

BOTTOM LINE: Cryptic, please do two things:

1.) Create an announce-only thread which highlights downtime, planned uptime. A better form of communication is NEEDED. Right now, you are fueling a bad reputation for poor customer service, lackluster uptime.

2.) Start updating the log-in screen with current information!

THE MORE YOU COMMUNICATE, the more trusting and understanding the community might become.

Believe me, I won't try Champions--or any future Cryptic products--until I see a commitment to better processes, more uptime, more server stability, and better communications with its customers.