Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-17-2010, 05:09 PM
Do you use a Router to connect to the internet?

If so there may be port settings that need to be changed.

If its not that it could be a corrupt install, bad internet service, an issue in the many 'miles' of 'net between you and Cryptic, or a whole host of glitches somewhere along the line.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-17-2010, 05:10 PM
Why cant we just acknowledge this guys complaints in a mature way? Or not acknowledge them at all? Do we really have to flame? Makes you no better than the complainer when you do that.

And just because he complained doesnt necessarily mean he did anything wrong.

I love STO. Im worried about the lack of content, but what content thats there is fantastic in my opinion and I very much enjoy it.

When I play STO I end up having more fun than I think I ever have in any mmorpg Ive ever played. It has its problems but its a great achievement.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-17-2010, 05:11 PM
ive checked everything already its on cryptic ends
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-17-2010, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
1; At least I can spell Punctuation is a work in progress right between string theory and how to play STO.

2; Sure, I have nothing against other languages.... What I do dislike is people who expect to communicate in a predominantly English speaking area when they can not speak it/spell it/paragraph it coherently.

3; When I die..... Ill take you up on that.

To-do for *you* :

1; Relax and read my sig

2; Get off your high horse

3; When you die you too can achieve number 3 on your list for me.
(which may happen sooner than you think considering how high that horse of yours is and how bad a fall would be climbing down)
I personal find it sad that even with the knowledge that he probably didn't use English as his primary language you choice to ignore what he was posting about and basically bully him. You should be ashamed but I don't think you have the common courtesy to be so.

as for :

2. Everyone who can use a second language has a varying degree of competence. Sadly you acknowledge this yet still attack the person for it. How many languages can you speak, write in between trying to figure out STRING THEORY ( yeah right )

3. are you serious or just slightly retarded?!?

enjoy my quote and get working on the part where i said stop being an A$$hat.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-17-2010, 05:14 PM
I can log in just fine (and so can lots of others) so clearly, it's not on Cryptic's end.

Now as for the servers being laggy... yes, they are rather bad lately. I often get "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" when zoning but it doesn't actually disconnect me... just takes a long time to load maps. A lot longer than it used to, anyway.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed
Why cant we just acknowledge this guys complaints in a mature way? Or not acknowledge them at all? Do we really have to flame? Makes you no better than the complainer when you do that.

And just because he complained doesnt necessarily mean he did anything wrong.

I love STO. Im worried about the lack of content, but what content thats there is fantastic in my opinion and I very much enjoy it.

When I play STO I end up having more fun than I think I ever have in any mmorpg Ive ever played. It has its problems but its a great achievement.
Its not the complaints that bother me, its the delivery plus the fact that people who are quitting feel the need to say so.

If you are loosing your vested interest in the game then why say anything?

As for flaming... you have never seen me angry.
If you think my particular way at poking fun is flaming you have clearly been to much nicer corners of the internet or are much more of an optimist....

either way I salute you for being nicer than me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kip View Post
ive checked everything already its on cryptic ends
Or somewhere in-between.....

You could try running an online speed-test against a server somewhere in California to see if theres some kind of major lag issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zugstum
I personal find it sad that even with the knowledge that he probably didn't use English as his primary language you choice to ignore what he was posting about and basically bully him. You should be ashamed but I don't think you have the common courtesy to be so.
I don't need to respond to what he is posting about beyond asking him to leave, there are way too many
"I quit" threads as it is, and if he wanted help with the issue he could have gone to tech support.
(yet you notice I'm actually making an effort to help him diagnose the problem anyways)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zugstum
2. Everyone who can use a second language has varying degree of competence. Sadly you acknowledge this yet still attack the person for it.
My point stands that if you can not speak the language in a coherent fashion you are better off waiting until you can unless it is absolutely necessary to try and make your point. (In this case it is not if he is leaving as he claims.

I think you're just skating the two other issues here;

1; That he brought this on himself for making a 'I'm Quitting" post

2; That you just came in here in order to bite off way more than you can chew in a pointless argument that you can't win much like this;
http://www.butteredwaffles.com/wp-co...-your-face.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by zugstum
3. are you serious or just slightly retarded?!?
Both, but it rarely shows due to my sardonic sense of humor, excellent command of vocabulary, and relatively good ability to spout jargon.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kip View Post
ive checked everything already its on cryptic ends
Two things:

1. Thousands of people aren't having any problem. Why aren't they if the problem is on Cryptic's end.

2. I checked your post history. If you've been having trouble, why aren't you posting in the Tech Support area looking for help? The devs are pretty responsive there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Its not the complaints that bother me, its the delivery plus the fact that people who are quitting feel the need to say so.

If you are loosing your vested interest in the game then why say anything?

As for flaming... you have never seen me angry.
If you think my particular way at poking fun is flaming you have clearly been to much nicer corners of the internet or are much more of an optimist....

either way I salute you for being nicer than me.

.
Well I wasnt really trying to pick at you or anything. It just seems this happens when anyone talks about what they dont like. I was kind of talking in general.

And I'll probably leave STO one day, and when I do I'll say farewell. And I'll probably give a reason as to why Im leaving. And it might be a complaint or two.

But I'll at least make sure to put some things I really liked in there too, and make sure to wish everyone happy journeys.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderReed
Well I wasnt really trying to pick at you or anything. It just seems this happens when anyone talks about what they dont like. I was kind of talking in general.

And I'll probably leave STO one day, and when I do I'll say farewell. And I'll probably give a reason as to why Im leaving. And it might be a complaint or two.

But I'll at least make sure to put some things I really liked in there too, and make sure to wish everyone happy journeys.
Yes, if one is going to post that they are leaving they could also throw in some compliments....

And indeed, there is a backlash against complaints mainly because there are so many that aren't constructive helpful or useful.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:23 PM.