Lt. Commander
# 11
02-17-2010, 01:48 PM
Make everyone start over, thats funny. That would be a great way to not only get the boards flaming but to finish off killing the game. Good suggestion! Honestly the leveling is fine. i have enough mission content to get me up to captain without having to do all the retarded "Defend the sector!" missions or sit and grind up 'Explore" missions, which is how it really should be.

When they add more missions to compensate for the lack of EXP when they change it then i probably wont have a problem with it.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-17-2010, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwood011 View Post
This, to me, is the most annoying and baffling thing about space combat.

I doubt that you'll ever get a player base to agree to start over, even considering that the high levels didn't work very hard to get there, and all they can do now anyway is start a new character. They will never be able to make the changes this game needs in time to make that even close to viable.

Slower leveling would be fine, but then what would you do to level? There are only so many missions and most you can only do once. Would you want to repeat the same missions over and over again to level up? There is no sandbox play.
This is the only thing that really annoys the crap out of me in this game...
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-17-2010, 02:24 PM
Slowing down leveling before you have the content in place is the big reason Cryptic garnered so much hate in CO. If they are dumb enough to repeat the same mistake so soon after making it the first time we are truly lost.

I don't want to level slowly, I like gaining levels.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-17-2010, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paneth
Make everyone start over, thats funny. That would be a great way to not only get the boards flaming but to finish off killing the game. Good suggestion! Honestly the leveling is fine. i have enough mission content to get me up to captain without having to do all the retarded "Defend the sector!" missions or sit and grind up 'Explore" missions, which is how it really should be.

When they add more missions to compensate for the lack of EXP when they change it then i probably wont have a problem with it.
you find the leveling fine? The poster is right, it IS way too fast of course. I would not say I am a power leveler: Playing 2-4 hours a day is not too much for a MMO in my op. The game started on 29.01 for me and today it is 17.02. This is 21 days to become admiral and this is way too fast. I never played a MMORPG before where I was high end so quickly. And what will you do now? Boring dailies? Or (as Klingon) do Cracked planetoid for the next weeks until the first two or three high end wanna be raids start? And then after that? How long do I need to repeat this until we get the next "raid episodes"? It can' t be the way to let the players the wait over and over again.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-17-2010, 02:37 PM
It's been said, but I have to say it again. With such little content in the game, I could not stand leveling slower. I can't stand making an alt because there are no alternative missions to run to level up. I am a casual player that has played since head start. I have 3 character and my highest is LtC7. Leveling is fine if you run missions and do some PvP on the side. I read all the content as I go. I am out of regular missions to run. All I can do are partrols and PvP. The lack of content is the root of why people have to level as fast as they do.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-17-2010, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt.Renak View Post
you find the leveling fine? The poster is right, it IS way too fast of course. I would not say I am a power leveler: Playing 2-4 hours a day is not too much for a MMO in my op. The game started on 29.01 for me and today it is 17.02. This is 21 days to become admiral and this is way too fast. I never played a MMORPG before where I was high end so quickly. And what will you do now? Boring dailies? Or (as Klingon) do Cracked planetoid for the next weeks until the first two or three high end wanna be raids start? And then after that? How long do I need to repeat this until we get the next "raid episodes"? It can' t be the way to let the players the wait over and over again.
I have a feeling you would be complaining about these issues even if your character took a year to level. If it took you 6 months to level to max level you would still be doing the same boring stuff over and over and over again anyway. EVERY mmo does that as well.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-17-2010, 05:51 PM
I've been playing a few hours a night since launch..and I'm still only a Lt. Commander 3. If you're leveling too fast you might want to cut down on your play time perhaps? I don't think Cryptic counted on people putting 25+ hours a week into the game. That's more time than the average person spends at a part-time job.

I've been intentionally taking it a little easy because I know there's no real "there" right now. You make it Admiral and then what do you do? End content is coming, mission variety is coming. Until then.. "slow your roll". A couple of hours a week of STO should be more than enough to satisfy you while things grow.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-17-2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluenullity View Post
ROFL You are hilarious.
Why cause it might be what some people want? im a rear admiral with blah blah blah and loaded with blah blah and if the whole game was reset except it was now 4 times harder. Im all for it. Id lose all my progress but it took so little and was so fast to get, easy come easy go.
Wouldnt miss it a bit and doing it again at a much harder lvl might actually be enjoyable an give more ppl a sense of accomplishment, Of course carebears think the game Qwns just the way it does now, when you can afk fight anything on the ground and ships can be stacked and stacked with stats that make one godlike on npc's.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-17-2010, 06:29 PM
Thats what I was getting at before just like pierrat said. Why be opposed to a total reset to make the game better. Its not like you put any meaningful time into this game right now. Its all the same stuff over and over agian and you got to where you are in such a short period of time. On top of that its not like any of the missions were difficult at all, rotate shields spam space bar thats the game PvE and don't tell me that ground combat what that much harder. Im sorry for all of you who think that your lvl 45 admiral is so great because it was so shortly "given" to you.