Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-16-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm not allowed to log in again, even though I've tried several times at different times today. So, I had three days of play.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-16-2010, 10:55 PM
i'm getting the same problem here, i haven't been able to log in since last night. incoming cancellation and request for refund for this game.
Lt. Commander
# 13 Same ol Same ol
02-17-2010, 04:47 PM
Going on 3 weeks: "Not allowed to access the server at this time"

No response from ANY submitted ticket.

Why bother anymore - I have asked for a refund since a non-functional product was sold to me; that there is no technical or customer support whatsoever; and that not a single comment from Cryptic has been issued addressing a known problem. This is a retail product with a lifetime subscription. I should have remembered:

Buyer Beware -

And please don't tell me that Cryptic is a small company and that they cannot respond promptly like a "big" company can. Size has NOTHING to do with support. Support is to be in-place FIRST, not LAST. Obviously pulling in coin is more important than reputation.

I will settle for a refund and leave this wanna-be-game to the vultures.

What a disappointment -
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-17-2010, 05:29 PM
Started last night for me. LOL glad I got a refund for my lifetime sub yesterday (after waiting on hold for 56 minutes). I was just trying to enjoy my remaining free time... this game is doomed. Cryptic is laughing all the way to the bank. I'll never pick up another title from them.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-17-2010, 05:33 PM
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-17-2010, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the link. They're responses are still subpar.

Over all the lack of refinement in the game is startling. I had expected there would be some sort of huge last minute overhaul, and when it never came, I was left thinking, has the game really gone live? I started playing City of Heroes only about a month after its release way back when, and I never experienced problems like this, and I played a free weekend of Champions a while after it came out which seemed to fix its major programming flaw. But Star Trek Online, since before the end of open Beta felt like it needed three months of work, and the game still feels that way. I really wish they had waited at least a month more before officially releasing the game.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Np and I agree.

Well, by the time they sort this out my 30 free days will be up. Oh well, off to SWTOR; I have low expectations for the game anyway so at least they can't let me down.

/uninstall
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-17-2010, 07:29 PM
I found a similar thread that suggests we resubmit our product registration keys for activation.
http://www.startrekonline.com/activate

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=108129

I'm actually looking forward to The Old Republic, the story aspect is intriguing.

[edit] Great, now the launcher reports an account error and that the server is down and to contact billing support.