Lt. Commander
# 61
02-17-2010, 05:26 PM
These threads are....oh what the hell....stupid.

Because whatever mmo is the next big thing, the forums will be a friggin' mirror image of this one. All you have to do is substitue the next mmo name with STO. It will be the same.
Lt. Commander
# 62
02-17-2010, 05:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorPhoton View Post
Some people think they're really clever, don't they?

The thread parent is absolutely right about this game, and no amount of personal attacks against him will change that. While I wish he weren't quitting, I personally do not blame him for being frustrated and for wanting to give up. I made Rear Admiral 5 last week and have absolutely nothing left to do but repeat missions. I get bored after playing Klingon and doing PvP after PvP after PvP or wending my way through unlabeled rooms on Qo´Nos.

I bought a lifetime subscription, so obviously I'm not going to cancel, but I find myself hoping that I haven't thrown away $300 on this game.
Agreed, this game has more brown nosing fan boys than I thought even possible. The original poster may not be right about everything but most of what he said im in full agreement. And yes I paid for lifetime and so far, in hindsight it is not something I would do again as my cancelation if i chose would be my way of informing cryptic this game is not satisfying. I'm not a the point of quitting but I will state a fact. Ive not played in 3 days and I dont miss it one bit. Not one tiny bit. Do I hope it gets better, yes yes yes, do i think the original code is even capable of being a game I enjoy. The doubts grow by the day, The most egregious of these is the game is just an instanced mish mash of mini games. I could just play a few rounds of flash tic tac to for the same effect.
Lt. Commander
# 63
02-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-Rice
I think the problem isn't with what he's saying but that 'everyone' feels the need to write a post about quitting for some reason. Ideally, I'd love a 'I'm quitting and here's why' sticky for all those interested in reading such posts. People can vent as mch bile as they like there and drama can unfold for fanboi/hater bashing etc.

Most people who play this game are aware of its short comings as I'm sure are the developers. They just decide if they want to play or not.

The forums should be for useful info IMHO.
Lol you assume the devs know all this? And how would they know if noone said anything. If anything the amount of outrage is best determined by the # and frequency of people leaving. If a small group of people leave that is natural attrition "ppl get tired of games" over time. But when a flood of people leave its that that tells the developers something is MAJORLY wrong. dont just dismiss it as mindless QQ but use it as a analytical study of your user base. Again ppl will always be upset, but its how many and at what frequency its going at that speaks VOLUMES.
Lt. Commander
# 64
02-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzur View Post
I find it amazing that so called "MMO veterans" find STO repetitive. Killing 100,000,000 Plainstriders isn't? Repeating the same daily quest for months isn't? Running the same dungeon/raid instance isn't?

MMOs are very repetitive by their very nature because you cannot create new and fresh content for everybody all the time.

Now, I can fully understand the folks coming from a single player experience and attracted to the IP. Yes, if yuo're used to Bridige Commander, Mass Effect, System Shock or Half-Life (1) like story telling, then you have reasons to complain about the repetitive nature of this game. But if you're coming from UO, EQ, WoW then you cannot with a straight face make that argument.

If anything, the Episodes in STO are a step forward for the MMO genre.
nonsense, of course all mmo's are repetitive, something new cant be done everytime. But most mmo's have many different things to do repetitively. Not the samething. This game feels like youve started in a beginner town and just when things should get going. BAM End content. Its ridiculous how short this game is, the new borg content, done in less than 20m....if i need to wait 1-2-3 months for 20m increments of smething different to do to replace the otherwise absolute drudgery of the other 99.9% of the time. Id have more fun trying to have the greenest yard on the block.
Lt. Commander
# 65
02-17-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Shrvk
I find the game enjoyable and realize it could have only be released in its current state because the Devs want to focus on what the players would like to see added..
Lol....Yes thats the reason why the devs developed an unfinished game. Right...lol lol it could also been released cause the stars were in alignement with jupiter. That has to be one of the biggest fan boy delusions that have yet come to light.
Lt. Commander
# 66
02-17-2010, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTom
I'm a mmorpg veteran, played it since Ultima Online, thru many other well known mmorpgs, ending on WoW as hardcore raider, so much about me, now STO:

Had big hopes on STO but it turned into a c***p, so basicaly canceled my sub today.

Why I canceled?

- waaaay too many instances and loading screens
- there is absolutely no world immersion feeling
- despite on big space and whatnot I felt like playing a single player game
- ground combat visualy and technicaly looks like a crap, and is boring like hell
- the whole game way too repeative
- non friendly IU, especially map section with missing quest markers and stuff
- the klingon side is unfinished, nothing to do except again repeative pvp.
- no skill respec
- skill cap
- the micropayments (now Klingons nd Ferengly, but I can bet there will be much more + respec too I guess0
- too complicated skill system - I really wish to know what exactly I'm picking to skill up. e.g. Field Theory +5, wth it does? this game need serious tooltips, without it, only devs know what such skill can do. And thats not only for skill system window, many items has weird variables.
- no autofire on all weapons in space, and no autofire at all in ground combat
- the game is unfinished and I refuse to be a betatester and pay for it at same time
- GM never repllied to any of my ticket
- Gold spammers even in the game mail system....

Overally I see no hope for this game, and not going to be back.

See you in Kotor Online.
See ya. Good luck in your gaming life.

OH and i believe its "See you in SW: TOR" Which i will play also.
Lt. Commander
# 67
02-17-2010, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carltronus
Goodbye, Mr. QQ'er.
dont let the door hit you in the A$$ on the way out
Closed Thread