Lt. Commander
# 1 I can't heal myself
02-17-2010, 05:22 PM
Ok, you're fighting along side some random folks in a deep space encounter.

You're doing well ... your shields go down.

Time to pop a science team .... BAM goes to someone else

WTF?!

I need to charge my engines in order to get away ... BAM ... man that cruiser sure is moving fast ...

ARRRRRRRRRRR

I'LL GO DOWN FIGHTING. ACTIVATE THE WEAPONS BUFF!

Wow ... that science ship over there is really going to do a lot of damage now ...

IS THERE ANY WAY TO TURN OFF THIS TARGET OF MY TARGET STUFF?

If I have an enemy ship targetted, and he's got someone else besides me in his sights, my buffs go to them instead.

Not to be selfish, but I could care less about your ship. If I want to heal you, I will specifically click you, then click the button.

Someone please tell me theres a way to turn off sending my buffs to everybody and their uncle.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 05:24 PM
just hit esc and clear your target before hitting a buff...
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Since you're trying to go down fighting, start off by hitting Ramming Speed and if that doesn't work out, go with Abandon Ship.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 05:46 PM
There is a game option setting for Auto-Assist. You can disble this if you don't want to automatically target your enemy's target (i.e., automatically heal your enemy's target, if that target is an ally).

To target yourself explicitly, either hit F1 (a keybind to target yourself, which you can change in Key Binds menu), or right-click on your ship indicator window (the one with shield strength, crew, etc.).
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Yes, the auto help thing is kind of...crappy at first. You always buff/heal your targets target. It works out if that person is you but otherwise you help you the other in the instance. Easiest way, click yourself and then heal.
Now once you remember the auto help it's actually really nice. Most times I need to help who ever the target of my target is and it saves me a click.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Turn it off in the space control options.