Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Has anyone else noticed a large number of typos or other grammatical errors in the game?
I have and here are a few screen shots of just the ones I bothered to grab but there have been
others. Use Word if you must but please make sure to fix these, the game reminds me of some
non English fan made add-on for Star Trek Legacy.

Typo One

Typo Two
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-17-2010, 11:03 PM
In your first picture link you've circled "profession" but that's the correct spelling and it fits with what came before it. It might not be completely correct but it works and is a far cry from the "asteriods" I had to scan before. I haven't been on any mission that had one since I hit RA5 so I don't know if that's been corrected yet.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah I've seen a few typos in quests. All I do is report them as mission bugs to help out.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-17-2010, 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyonas View Post
In your first picture link you've circled "profession" but that's the correct spelling and it fits with what came before it. It might not be completely correct but it works and is a far cry from the "asteriods" I had to scan before. I haven't been on any mission that had one since I hit RA5 so I don't know if that's been corrected yet.
This looks ok to you? as in it reads correctly?

Typo Two enlarged
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSZenica

Typo Two enlarged
It's grammatically incorrect. Not sure if word would catch that.

Should read:

"...can be manned by a Bridge Officer of any profession."
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-17-2010, 11:23 PM
I saw "astroid" a few times in one particular patrol mission in Romulan space somewhere. That made me chuckle.

And the OP is correct; it would read more clearly if it said this instead: "a Bridge Officer of any profession".

Edit: snap with The_Baroness above
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-17-2010, 11:26 PM
I too have contemplated why the grammar usage in the game is pretty bad. The only two conclusions I can muster are either the episode developement team was in rush, lacked proper sleep, and the testing team did not catch it for whatever reason or they are just not that good at writing.

There are many things that they could improve; the one thing I would like them to do is start laying down some ground rules for consistency.

I see a lot of "Talk to Soandso" and it really should be:
Casually chatting = Talk to Soandso
Formal conversation = Speak to Soandso

Another thing:
Use turbolift to go to Deck 2 vs. Use the turbolift to go to Deck 2

Another thing:
Never ever abbreviate an NPC's title above their head! Lt. Thelis should be Lieutenant Thelis!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-17-2010, 11:28 PM
I've bug reported these but they are probably a low priority item.

There is an other I see every so often, one of the "ticker" messages that reads across the bottom
when changing screens...
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-18-2010, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USSZenica

Typo Two enlarged
I don't know how I missed "than" when it should be "that" but you had circled "profession" which is the correct spelling, that's what I was pointing out. As others have pointed out the rest (aside from "than") is grammatically incorrect but it makes sense.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-18-2010, 08:50 AM
I don't know...I kind of like the 'Crystilline Entity' fleet action... :p