Lt. Commander
# 151
02-18-2010, 04:13 PM
None of the changes made a difference in game. This is confusing.
Lt. Commander
# 152
02-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Raymond.Makowski

installing
1. copy the files into C:\Program Files\Cryptic Studios\Star Trek Online\Live
2. IN GAME use the chat window and type: /bind_load_file x360_spaceREV4
3. repeat for the second set of bindings (x360_groundREV4)

i try but nuthing not work, I take it when I enter the command, nothing happens no q activate something or change something in settings?,, the only thing that makes me change the camera's control or move the camera away but to me before using your commands.....
Lt. Commander
# 153
02-18-2010, 04:18 PM
The numbers are out of sync ..they should be...

Ab "+TrayExecByTray 0 0"
Xb "+TrayExecByTray 0 1"
Yb "+TrayExecByTray 0 2"
Bb "+TrayExecByTray 0 3"
joy7+Ab "+TrayExecByTray 0 4"
joy7+Xb "+TrayExecByTray 0 5"
joy7+Yb "+TrayExecByTray 0 6"
joy7+Bb "+TrayExecByTray 0 7"

If they dont do anything at all in game I can only guess that you arent actually loading the config file after you log in using /bind_load_file XXX.txt
Lt. Commander
# 154
02-18-2010, 04:19 PM
So, anyone figure out how to get rolling to work by double tapping the movement joystick in the appropriate direction if it stopped?

Still trying to figure out how to remap this function.
Lt. Commander
# 155
02-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Jadel thanks very much, that worked like a charm.

Is the back button still bugged?
Lt. Commander
# 156
02-18-2010, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnarris View Post
So, anyone figure out how to get rolling to work by double tapping the movement joystick in the appropriate direction if it stopped?

Still trying to figure out how to remap this function.
so you're saying that double tappping the stick in a direction used to work, but now doesn't? Hmmm. wish I could help, but double tapping still works for me. (though can be a bit tricky with the analog stick)
Lt. Commander
# 157
02-18-2010, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutchinson000 View Post
Jadel thanks very much, that worked like a charm.

Is the back button still bugged?
thanks to Jadel for squaring you away while I was out. And yes, back motion is still bugged as far as I know.
Lt. Commander
# 158
02-18-2010, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedeb
i try but nuthing not work, I take it when I enter the command, nothing happens no q activate something or change something in settings?,, the only thing that makes me change the camera's control or move the camera away but to me before using your commands.....
Hmmm. we must be missing something here.

try loading only the space /bind file while in space. later, when on the ground, load the ground /bind file. maybe this is confusing the system. you will know if the /bind has worked if you can use the d-pad (digital pad under the left analog stick) to control speed.
Lt. Commander
# 159
02-18-2010, 08:36 PM
An update for anyone having problems with the interact window command....if you map that command to the start button, it will work, even if the prompt comes up on the side of the screen during combat. One press will bring it to the center of the screen and another will activate it. Usually pressing the "A" button will work to loot each individual item once you have the loot window open. And to those who suggested using the mouse to loot, you're missing the point entirely.

Another annoying thing is the inability to move successfully with the joystick in crowded places like starbases or memory alpha or even ground fleet actions like Breaking the Planet. Having to switch back to mouse and keyboard for that mission is extremely annoying and does much to hamper my enjoyment of the ground combat. Any breakthroughs on this issue will be tremendously appreciated.

Also, has anyone figured out how to roll in any direction other than forward using the controller?

And Raymond, I see on your layout, you have power settings mapped as alt presses on your d-pad. I could not find those commands in the keybind menu, how did you find them? FYI, I'm using the chat commands to map my layout, don't have X-Padder or anything like that.

Also, in case anyone is interested, you can also map emotes to the controller. In place of whatever command you would usually input (usetrayslot0 0, etc) you just put in what you would normally type for the emote minus the slash. ie (/bind ltrigger+joypad_down emote facepalm)
Lt. Commander
# 160
02-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond.makowski View Post
so you're saying that double tappping the stick in a direction used to work, but now doesn't? Hmmm. wish I could help, but double tapping still works for me. (though can be a bit tricky with the analog stick)
Yeah, when I set my controller up it originally would roll upon double tapping the movement joystick and now nothing. Haven't figured out why it stopped operating, I haven't cleared my binds to test if it will go back to its original state, though I suspect it will.