Lt. Commander
It seems like every other day I'll log in and have to download a 150-250 mb patch that has no patch notes to it. What's being patched? Is it just technical coding junk that wouldn't mean anything to us regular people, or is my launcher just possessed?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2010, 03:33 PM
There are notes for today's patch, if that's the one you're referring to.
Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikaelus View Post
There are notes for today's patch, if that's the one you're referring to.
I'm on the launcher window right now. I click on "Release Notes" and it still only shows the 02/13/10 patch notes. Nothing for today.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2010, 04:02 PM
if you get a patch without notes its one of two things normally.

1 - a "behind the black curtain" patch to bring the clients on our PC's up to the same version as the server one, which has likely been altered to improve databases or optimisation and will be all technical and not much sense to most people.

2 - a file on your PC wasnt quite the same as one of the server so its fixing it for you (normally there'd be a verification however)

so its likely just server stability and performance updates that have altered the version number on the servers and your client's just catching up for the most part
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-18-2010, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croake
I'm on the launcher window right now. I click on "Release Notes" and it still only shows the 02/13/10 patch notes. Nothing for today.
Well.. that's your problem. Don't use the launcher. I have it configured for quick loading so I don't have to annoyingly push Engage every time.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=120888
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-18-2010, 04:08 PM
or on the website at the top there is weird button like click feature that says release notes todays date an this thing that says something like click for more info but I may have read to much an understood it.