Lt. Commander
Ive been killing borg cubes effortlessly for the past few hours as I have discovered the Hold near-immunity buff does not work.

To start with I VM2 a borg cube then sit between 9 - 10k stationary shooting with cannons as soon as the global cooldown for VM is over I fire VM1 at the cube, much to my suprise.. It works everytime.

The near-immunity is nowhere as "near" to Immunity as it describes,Ii would suggest changing the buff received after being VM'd to "Hold-Immunity" and giving a 100% chance to resist VM while its active.

This would explain why there have been reports of chain VM occuring in pvp.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoKi_
Ive been killing borg cubes effortlessly for the past few hours as I have discovered the Hold near-immunity buff does not work.

To start with I VM2 a borg cube then sit between 9 - 10k stationary shooting with cannons as soon as the global cooldown for VM is over I fire VM1 at the cube, much to my suprise.. It works everytime.

The near-immunity is nowhere as "near" to Immunity as it describes,Ii would suggest changing the buff received after being VM'd to "Hold-Immunity" and giving a 100% chance to resist VM while its active.

This would explain why there have been reports of chain VM occuring in pvp.
I'm not sure I understand what a "global" cooldown is!
Quote:
Viral Matrix I (and II)

Targets Foe
90' targeting arc
10 kilometer Range
0.5 sec activate
1 min 10 (VM I) [25 (VM II)] sec recharge
  • Hold for 8 (VM I) [10 (VM II)] sec
    • ; applies Hold Near-immunity upon expiration
Are you talking about the 1 min 10 (or 25) sec recharge, or the 8 (or 10) sec hold time?

Immediately after the 8 (or 10) sec hold time, the Target Foe is under the effect of Hold Near-immunity. I'm not sure, to me this looks like to any kind of hold. What the duration of this effect is I have no idea. But that gives 1min 2sec for VM I, or 1min 15sec for VM II, of near-immunity effect. So if your refering to the recharge time, that is plenty of time for the Target Foe to have lost the effects of near-immunity.

However, if your using Vm I and VM II, then which ever you use first you can extend the hold time by useing the second one (your choice of which to use first) on the last second of hold duration. Which means, you have to be counting off seconds immediately on the use of the first Viral Matrix.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-18-2010, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pannadharo View Post
I'm not sure I understand what a "global" cooldown is!.
Global cooldown, is the time it takes for the cooldown to go from the top of the box to the bottom (similar to the link between engineering, tactial and science teams), when you fire off VM2 you get a global cooldown on your VM1 to prevent you from firing both at the same time, this is around 15seconds ish.. maybe 20.

The hold times for my VM1 and VM2 are 19 and 24 seconds respectively with my expertise and deflector choices.

As soon as this global coodlown is over you can fire VM1, by then your initial attack VM2 is just wearing off and hold near-immunity is applied to the target. VM1 then lands and roots them again even whilst they have the hold near-immunity buff / recourse.

This allows you to keep someone permanantly chain held if they do not have APO or Science team to break it, we were assured by the devs at the end of beta that this was not possible, obvioulsy they never tested thier own game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-18-2010, 06:48 PM
Tested this in PVP on my Klingon tonight, I was able to keep a cruiser held with VM the entire round, the guy ended the round with 1900 dmg, once he was Vm'd he could not move from his spot till he was dead.

(I know its his own stupid fault for not having science team to remove it)

You can simply remove a person from the fight and never have to bother with them, VM2 and as this wears off VM1 then as that wears off repeat the cycle, if you specced high enough in sensors and sensor probes.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-18-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoKi_
Global cooldown, is the time it takes for the cooldown to go from the top of the box to the bottom...
Okay, I understand now. Thanks for clarifying that for me.