Lt. Commander
# 11
02-18-2010, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValsFan
I'm just not that high level yet. I like My Klingon, but I don't want to burn myself out on the PvP.
Trust me, when you get to the highest tier you will burn yourself out very quickly. Same old, same old sets in after a while and after 5 or 10 maps I don't know many people who can continue.

Doing Kahless style pve gets stale quickly and the borg hunt isn't all that much fun for me either as I don't see the point in attacking the federation. Either we divert so many resources to killing the federation that we cannot finish the map or we don't and then they will probably still out pve because they commit all their resources to that. Just seems like a race to see who has more people who can finish that pve map the quickest.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-18-2010, 09:12 PM
yeh I figured, that's why I have a toon on each side =\
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-18-2010, 09:38 PM
I'm trying to do kling-side stuff, but man.

The problem is that any one element of the game is probably going to tick you off, because the game is new and needs tweaking/extra stuff.

Klingside is ALL PvP. So, at least for me, after playing a while all I can do is start kvetching and moaning about how much PvP stinks -- it doesn't stink, it's pretty cool at times, but if you can't take a break and go rescue puppies from evil Hirogen or something, well.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-18-2010, 09:52 PM
It has been how long since launch? You sir need to step back and realize many of us dont play this game as much as others. I myself as I write this am about to exit the T4 bracket, so you will get at least one more klink in T5 this weekend. If nothing else, roll a klink yourself and get to at least T3 to see how lopsided the PvP is in Fed favor as far as numbers go. It really starts getting one sided in T4 though. I cannot tell you how many matchs ive done where its been at least 5v1. Mostly though it is 5v4 fed favor. Alot of these though us klinks win simply because we are forced to know how to PvP seeing it is this or those mini-quests where they have you goto one of two places per tier for grinding. That gets old very fast, but I usually just do that till the XP gets cut or I get the proper gear to go PvP with. Not all of it mind you, just the important parts. I fill out the rest with PvP and upon exiting to the next tier I have more than enough gear, and the extras I put on the exchange at a cheap price for other klinks to buy.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-18-2010, 10:08 PM
I've gotten to Captain / 3, skippering a Vorcha. I really want to progress more, but sweet jeez, it is just awful now.

XP / SP nerf in PvP kills progress. The so-called-PvE for Klingons by now feels agonizing. I'm better off slitting my own wrists than playing more gawdawful nebula instances, with the counts getting higher and higher as my rank increases. I'm tired of seeing the same damn maps over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. In Tier 1-3, I PvP'd like a madman. But I just can't do it anymore. It's slow and unbearable.

Chats over in the Klingon side are dead now.

People have moved on to better things, because hanging out in the KDF is like sitting in the desert wishing for a snowstorm in summer.

If you want desolation, boredom, and hopelessness, roll a KDF toon.

That's why no Klingons fight anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-18-2010, 10:56 PM
Contested Warzone in the Neutral Zone is a fun place to blow up feds in almost cool fashion as they try and fight the borg...
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-18-2010, 11:02 PM
We are all at the monastery at Boreth, awaiting the return of Kahless, who will bring with him a return of the ancient imperial glory, ushering in a new age for the Empire... and new content. Honestly, we are mostly praying he brings the content.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-18-2010, 11:06 PM
But, where has all the rum gone??!
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-19-2010, 12:24 AM
Feds only want to run salvage as thats how they get thier daily done.

Klingons are not going to go into salvage 10 vs 4 and watch a bunch of tossers attack the turrets and spawn camp as they dont need to do salvage for thier daily.

Your own bad attitudes and chidlsih behavior is what resulted in you having to grind the exploration marks, well done.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-19-2010, 12:39 AM
I enjoyed playing my Klingon a lot, mainly at T2 when I got Rapid Fire. I bought all the best MK IV gear I could find on my Fed, including a badass blue shield that said it gave my sci vessel 7400 Shields. To my disappointment when I mailed everything to my Klingon, and loaded up the shield, it only gave me 4K shields. =(

I **** everything when I'm not getting into games with 1 other klingon, or me vs 4 feds over and over and over again. Or getting into Ground maps with 1 Fed, and 5 klingons. That's my personal favorite. Everybody chase the chicken with its head cut off for 40 kills aka: 2 hours of your life. That's -real- fun.

Honestly though, while I'd love to get in a Carrier ASAP, I don't like having to PVP with ****** exp returns that only give one bar win or lose, or retarded missions like "Die 25 times to player captains in space." I'd have to delibrately let myself be killed for like 15 PVP matches for that to happen. I don't beileve in being a ***** though.

Oh, and the one with the turrets. Yeah, go blow up turrets, but oh wait, the ones in the capture maps don't count. You have to hope some Engineer on the ground drops turrets, and shoot those. Rofl. Cause we all know shooting ******** Phaser Turrets wins games, AMIRITE? **** Cryptic.