Lt. Commander
# 11
02-18-2010, 01:05 PM
Funny how it reminds me of the biblical projects of the NASA in the 80s and 90s. They read the bible working on the principal that what god and its many manifestations did was actually technological and could be replicated. This project led to many patents. Looks like they found another source of inspiration.

In related news there was an article about a new project at MIT (I think) that aimed to have a medical scanner in a handheld device. (Article was on dailytech around a year ago, cba to search)
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-18-2010, 01:34 PM
I remember reading a while back (can't remember if it was in the news, or in a Scientific American) that a group of researchers had developed a paint/coating that bent light, effectively cloaking an object at certain wavelengths.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talvisota
I remember reading a while back (can't remember if it was in the news, or in a Scientific American) that a group of researchers had developed a paint/coating that bent light, effectively cloaking an object at certain wavelengths.
Not sure about that. However I did see a program where some guys tried to mock up that car from 007 that became 'invisible'! They put large video screens on one side of the car and cameras on the other. The screens showed the view 'beyond' the car that the cameras saw and (somewhat clumbsily) 'cloaked' it.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-18-2010, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talvisota
could this be the paint you were talking about?
http://www.pcimag.com/Articles/Indus...00f932a8c0____