Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Patrolling the Hromi Cluster I'm to recover some Medical supplies from the planet. Orions beam down.

At the first medical crate, my Away Team is clearly seen and with me. But, as soon as I begin to move toward the next one, they disappear. The stat icons are still present, but no team member can be seen.

As I encounter the first group of Orions, I have to retreat to keep from being knocked out quickly. Trying to find my Away Team...to no avail.

So, I go back to the group of Orions and can see on ly two of them. But, after taking care of those two, I start to go closer and start getting shot out from three different invisible Orions.

In frustration, I simply beam back to the ship and log out for this session.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2010, 01:28 AM
I tried to "continue" this mission and discovered that my Away Team is disappearing into the Medical Crates!!!

As I was moving from the first one, I saw two members disappear into the first crate. I went back to investigate and the other two disappeared into the same crate. Moving away from that crate does not allow them to return to the team.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2010, 03:03 AM
If you can (and to any others posting similar issues) - please include the specific name of the planet you are on when this happens, and better yet - file a bug (which automatically captures your exact location details behind the scenes) so that when Customer Service forwards these to the dev team, we can find the issue and fix it.

Most if not all of these issues are terrain and line of sight issues that can be easily be address IF we know where to look (and there are hundreds of planets in the Hromi cluster)
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2010, 06:33 AM
This happened to me and I tried to submit a bug report. Unfortunately, the bug report failed to go through. I no longer remember what planet it happened on, but I do remember what happened. My away team fell through the terrain floor and was located below me. The enemies that spawned on the planet were also below me. This prevented me from locking onto them, although they had no trouble locking onto me. My away team became stuck and would not follow me. I eventually, left the planet and got a new mission. This was an exploration mission in the Hromi Cluster. Again, it was two weeks ago and I do not have the planet name and the bug report system was not working at that time. I tried to submit it twice, but neither ticket showed up when I checked a few minutes later.

Thanks,
Keppoch.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2010, 06:51 AM
you can finish. you just have to kite the mobs away far enough so when they do drop in a hole like your away team does 5 seconds after you start you can interact with the supplies. At least that how I had to do it. also there are lots of instances where anomalies are buried under the surface rendering your scans useless to find the next objective. I've given up on bug reports since Ive had some open for weeks now no response. bugs like these and losing everything you have gained thru the whole game with the only emails being from gold spammers not responses from GM's makes it kinda hard to justify a recurring monthly fee.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-19-2010, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
If you can (and to any others posting similar issues) - please include the specific name of the planet you are on when this happens, and better yet - file a bug (which automatically captures your exact location details behind the scenes) so that when Customer Service forwards these to the dev team, we can find the issue and fix it.

Most if not all of these issues are terrain and line of sight issues that can be easily be address IF we know where to look (and there are hundreds of planets in the Hromi cluster)
What a joke. I put in a bug for this problem and the response I got was *completely* irrelevant:

Sometimes this type of issue is best resolved by dropping the associated mission and getting it again from the contact. To drop a mission you need to: 1) Leave the map that you are currently on & return to sector space. 2) Open your Episodes window (default "J") 3) Highlight the mission you wish to drop 4) Click the "drop" button located on the lower right hand corner of the window 5) Return to the contact that originally gave you the mission to get the mission again. Thank you for playing Star Trek Online.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-19-2010, 07:01 AM
Ive had this happen in one mission where my away team spawn like under the terrain. it was quite a hilly map and the spawn points i guess wher a bit off as well, as the mobs where under the terrrain but they could see me but i could nt see them.

I eventually jsut dropped the miss as was a random one in one of the exploration zones.

hasnt happened since , as maybe ive not had that map generate again
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-19-2010, 07:17 AM
Every ground mission I had in the B'Tran Cluster last night did this to me.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-19-2010, 07:25 AM
I have been having this problem for mostly two weeks now in various sectors. Glad its being addressed
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-19-2010, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyre.Straits View Post
I tried to "continue" this mission and discovered that my Away Team is disappearing into the Medical Crates!!!

As I was moving from the first one, I saw two members disappear into the first crate. I went back to investigate and the other two disappeared into the same crate. Moving away from that crate does not allow them to return to the team.
I just had this happen to me yesterday, and it too was a Medical Supply Mission. But instead it was in the Gamma Orionis Exploration Content and the villians were Hirogen.

The problem is that the Bridge Officers are falling through the ground, due to the high artificial terrain.