Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
Here's the link.

It's especially nice for those who never watched the original series before.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-19-2010, 12:52 AM
This is old news. CBS started showing Star Trek on their site since late 2008.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-19-2010, 01:54 AM
Now if only we could get the other series on there :\
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-19-2010, 02:03 AM
Hey well I didn't know that. Thanks. Saves me paying $75 for just the first series here in australia. I think they started putting the prices back up after the new trek movie.

Edit

/cries I just tried the link and it says the video is restricted from my region. Any body know a work around?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-19-2010, 03:48 AM
You could try pulling it through a U.S.-based proxy? proxy.org has a list of functioning anonymizers. I believe the filtering is based on the requesting IP address, so that might get you there. Honestly, I have no idea -- I'm just spitballing here.

On a different note: what the heck is it with media companies' web sites? Why do I have to start at page 45 and page back through 15 pages of episodes to get season 2 episodes? Why does clicking a link reset me to page 1 again? How about a scrolling div with all of the episodes listed, or a tree control, or at least a text box where I can jump to a specific page? And then, to top it all off, when I click on "The Alternative Factor", I get "Balance of Terror". You've been one of the dominant companies in mass media for going on 80 years...and yet you can't hire one decent ****ing web designer?