Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 41
02-18-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm also getting this with my Federation captain.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-18-2010, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genex View Post
DStahl:

Heres a video of what happens when you hail someone no matter where you are this is what happens:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92pNokYHMRw

(This is me in Alpha Centari on a commander 2)

I know it doesn't say much but it proves to you what I've been saying happens
Yeah, that's kind of messed up. With a bug like that it could make it slightly hard to level.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-18-2010, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neligahn View Post
Yeah, that's kind of messed up. With a bug like that it could make it slightly hard to level.
This is exactly what is happening to everyone I think. They need to remove that change that "filters" the quest givers. Who cares if there's 10 quest givers to go through to get quests? I rather have them listed than have to go to the sector to get a quest.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadend5001 View Post
This is exactly what is happening to everyone I think. They need to remove that change that "filters" the quest givers. Who cares if there's 10 quest givers to go through to get quests? I rather have them listed than have to go to the sector to get a quest.
True and how many times in star trek when the captain say "Hail starfleet" has the communications officer said "That admiral is no longer listed in our database"

Then having to fly to the correct sector just makes me think of the Vorizon adverts "Can I hail you now?"
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-18-2010, 07:30 PM
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=121453

Just adding to the frustration. Reached RA3, (Forbius) went into Gamma Quad like most, same issues. Currently all my borg missions aren't working, short of the 3 explore B'tar but once I turned them in nothing worked beyond that. 1 Daily done in the last few days. State of Q won't turn in, Reporting to the sector won't turn in even after i've talked to the borg npc countless times. I find the desire of login in to be that of a chore, no point or bother anymore. As a lifetime subscriber, I am beginning to feel that "buyers remorse" and would like to back out. I can be patient, however reading the replies from the DEV's on this issue, I clearly can come to the assumption there isn't enough staff working on the situations of the game. It was released way to early before a lot of these bugs should have been addressed from the start. Now, I'm ranting much like everyone else. I don't expect the game to be flawless. Games constantly need tweaking, but when there are this many issues, shut it down for a week, call in take out and work your ass off 24 hours a day to get most of these BIG issues fixed. My rant is done.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-19-2010, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
This is a legitimate workaround for those in the Borg sector - talking to 4 of 10 on the USS Victory.

Prior to last night's update, all the Borg Sector missions were being given before the proper hand off from Quinn to 4 of 10 completed. We fixed that. However, if you had never completed the hand off then the logic now prevents you from taking any missions until you speak with 4 of 10 on the Victory (ie the Hand off mission).

So if you complete that mission (or retake it from Quinn and complete it) then you should be back to normal until we put in a fix.
Ok, heres what happened to me regarding that quest:

Prior to last patch i picked up "Report to Gamma Orionis" from Quinn. After i warped through the gate screen poped up with 4 of 10 dialogue. It had green quest line in it and i clicked it and thouth that i have finished the quest. But in my quest roster the quest was still in progress as if not finished. So i takled with 4 of 10 again using "hail USS Victory" (screen didnt automaticaly poped up when i entered Battlegroup Omega like first time) but this time there was no green quest line in dialogue options as if i finished the quest (quest was still in progress in my quest roster). Didnt paid it much attention, picked up rest of the quest and went to do them.

After the last patch I went to do Btran exploration quest which i picked prior to patch and coudnt turn it in because my contact wasnt showing in "hail starfleet". I droped the quest and tryed to pick it up again but contact for it wasnt showing.

After reading what you wrote in quote:

I droped "Report to Gamma Orionis" quest and picked it up again with "hail starleet" while inside Battlegroup Omega". I could than talk to 4 of 10 with "hail USS Victory" but there was no green quest dialog option.

Than I droped the quest, went to SOL base, Quinns office, and picked the quest by talking to him directly.

After that I exited and restarted the game, went back to Gamma Orionis, talked to 4 of 10 with "tallk to USS Victory" and this time there was green quest dialog option so I completed the quest and now i can pick up exploration and defend sector quests with "hail starfleet" like usual.
Quote:
No offence to all the Rear admirals, but you guys are at least able to level to Rear admiral, the bug I'm adressing is for people stuck at alot lower level, like LT commander or Commander
Agreed, but at least we are bumping up the thread
Quote:
DStahl:

Heres a video of what happens when you hail someone no matter where you are this is what happens:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92pNokYHMRw

(This is me in Alpha Centari on a commander 2)

I know it doesn't say much but it proves to you what I've been saying happens
Something similar was happening to me all the time. Diference was that after a second lots of them visible contacts vanished but also some remained so I was able to level up. Yeah, Huston we have a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-19-2010, 04:35 AM
It seems todays patch has fixed this problem for the most part, I'll continue to play and see if anything strange reappears
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-19-2010, 05:55 AM
Just wanted to add a thanks for sorting this so quickly
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-19-2010, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I understand the frustration here. We have several developers looking into multiple reports about this issue and are trying to determine exactly what is wrong.

If we can clearly understand the details (aka what missions you are unable to turn in) we can work together to get this fixed asap.

Please be civil and understand that just because we aren't posting every 5 minutes - we aren't in a fire drill to address this immediately.

edit: PLEASE provide details such as which mission you are unable to turn in and your characters name so we can look up your mission state.
I'm experiencing this issue as well. I can give a few details as I ran into it all day yesterday.

I can tell you exactly where it started. I was doing an Exploration in the Arucenis Arm. My last of three unknown universes required 10 communications array. I left the Arm into Regulus Sector, tracked down a Freightor, purchased the last couple of arrays I needed and headed back into the Arm. Once there, I noticed that the "Continue Mission" popup in the lower right hand of my screen would appear and then immediately disappear. I floated until I found "unknown galaxy" and jumped hoping it would trigger the continuation. Instead, new submission. Warped out, and noticed the flashing of "Continue Mission" access.

From then on, any time I entered a new section, my Starfleet Hailing would appear with new contacts. I would open it up, see about 5-6 available missions for about 1 sec before they would all disappear and then I could no longer contact starfleet.

I'm LC4 now I think. I've entered into the Xarantine Sector and quickly running out of missions and not getting new ones. I have to agree with the sentiments being posted. I can understand issues with complex enviroments, but when one can not progress, it will diminish my desire to play.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-19-2010, 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kegmaster View Post
I'm experiencing this issue as well. I can give a few details as I ran into it all day yesterday..
Todays patch has resolved this problem,hopefully its resolved for you as well, because what you said is exactly what happened to me in the video I linked