Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 161
02-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnarris View Post
Yeah, when I set my controller up it originally would roll upon double tapping the movement joystick and now nothing. Haven't figured out why it stopped operating, I haven't cleared my binds to test if it will go back to its original state, though I suspect it will.

Just wondering, to those for whom rolling works and for those whom it doesn't: did you map movement controls to your joystick, or are you relying on the default keybinds? (the game, after all will let you move with the joystick without having to change anything) Also, are you using Xpadder or some external program or are you using the in-game commands?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 162
02-18-2010, 09:22 PM
I am using a slightly modified version of the Rev4 keybinds (modified some of the icon bar keys) and can roll just fine. Only issue is the same as I have in CO, get too many items in one spot and have to use the mouse/keyboard to extract myself. Also the interact button is hit and miss. Otherwise, especially considering this game doesn't officially support the controller, I love using this controller!

Bought it for CO and now hate playing without it. Having it work in STO is fantastic and it feels right.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 163
02-19-2010, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovek View Post
An update for anyone having problems with the interact window command....if you map that command to the start button, it will work, even if the prompt comes up on the side of the screen during combat. One press will bring it to the center of the screen and another will activate it. Usually pressing the "A" button will work to loot each individual item once you have the loot window open.
Interesting. I have it mapped to A. I wonder why mine isn't acting properly all the time. A button is a button...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovek View Post
Another annoying thing is the inability to move successfully with the joystick in crowded places like starbases or memory alpha or even ground fleet actions like Breaking the Planet. Having to switch back to mouse and keyboard for that mission is extremely annoying and does much to hamper my enjoyment of the ground combat. Any breakthroughs on this issue will be tremendously appreciated.

Also, has anyone figured out how to roll in any direction other than forward using the controller?
Both of these may be related to the binds. are you using the default ability to move when you plug the controller in, or have you remapped to the stick? (remapping to the stick eliminated both issues for me.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovek View Post
And Raymond, I see on your layout, you have power settings mapped as alt presses on your d-pad. I could not find those commands in the keybind menu, how did you find them? FYI, I'm using the chat commands to map my layout, don't have X-Padder or anything like that.
They were either in the OP's post in this thread, or I found them in the beta version of this post that is now lost to the internet... they're specific command lines that I simply copied and pasted.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 164
02-19-2010, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovek View Post
Just wondering, to those for whom rolling works and for those whom it doesn't: did you map movement controls to your joystick, or are you relying on the default keybinds? (the game, after all will let you move with the joystick without having to change anything) Also, are you using Xpadder or some external program or are you using the in-game commands?
I used the default controls for movement,. I did not map them. Not sure why rolling would stop working exactly.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 165
02-19-2010, 09:28 AM
Does anybody know if the chat pad accessory work with STO? If so, it'd let you have the ergonomics of movement, using main functions, etc with the Xbox controller while letting you easily use your powers and less used functions.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 166
02-19-2010, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnarris View Post
I used the default controls for movement,. I did not map them. Not sure why rolling would stop working exactly.
try mapping them. this solved most issues for me.

left stick is one of the few inputs that will read in the actual keybinds menu. so it should take you only a few seconds! (note that the back direction is bugged, and should remain unmapped)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 167
02-19-2010, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
Does anybody know if the chat pad accessory work with STO? If so, it'd let you have the ergonomics of movement, using main functions, etc with the Xbox controller while letting you easily use your powers and less used functions.
huh. never thought of this. I'm doubtful though, as the game understands the buttons with specific designations. how would it see the chat pad, as joy16 thru joy42? still, will try when I get home tonite.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 168
02-19-2010, 11:14 AM
MS won't support the chat accessory for Windows. Devs confirmed that several times on the CO board.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 169
02-19-2010, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by svzurich View Post
MS won't support the chat accessory for Windows. Devs confirmed that several times on the CO board.
good to know.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 170
02-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond.makowski View Post
try mapping them. this solved most issues for me.

left stick is one of the few inputs that will read in the actual keybinds menu. so it should take you only a few seconds! (note that the back direction is bugged, and should remain unmapped)
This certainly did resolve the issue.

However, I only did a bind for forward, backward, left, and right. This is causing the joystick to not allow combinations of direction such as forward and right, forward and left, etc. It leaves for a non-fluid movement on the ground.

I'm not sure how to bind it unless it would be Lstick_forward+right "+forward+right" which just looks inccrrect to me.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:28 AM.