Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
02-19-2010, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sural_Argonus
I'm one of those people that likes Journey....but I suck at remembering song titles.

I like rock of most types...

There really are only 3 main types of music I DON'T like...Rap/Hip-Hip, Country, and Disco.

Tho I hate to admit...there are a couple of country songs I kinda like....Proud to be an American, and some of the older country ballads...and some of the 80s rap was just fun...like Beasty Boys and Run DMC.....

But I am a Metal Head thru and thru...even if I don't look like it. I was an avid fan of Headbangers Ball on MTV back in the day.
When you say you don't like rap or hip-hip, what do you mean?

Because if you mean you don't like the standard "blunts, b*tches, and big-screen TVs" modern mainstream rap, I have to agree. However, have you looked into any less popular forms of rap and hip-hop?

Try out some turntablism and beat science, or if you want to deviate even more, try trip-hop.

DJ Krush is one of my favorite turntablists, and Supreme Beings of Leisure, Portishead, Thievery Corporation, and Massive Attack are some excellent trip-hop bands.

There's a lot of good music out there that either classifies itself as "hip hop" or uses a hip hop beat as its base, and none of it can be found at your local FYE or on the radio.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
02-19-2010, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
When you say you don't like rap or hip-hip, what do you mean?

Because if you mean you don't like the standard "blunts, b*tches, and big-screen TVs" modern mainstream rap, I have to agree. However, have you looked into any less popular forms of rap and hip-hop?

Try out some turntablism and beat science, or if you want to deviate even more, try trip-hop.

DJ Krush is one of my favorite turntablists, and Supreme Beings of Leisure, Portishead, Thievery Corporation, and Massive Attack are some excellent trip-hop bands.

There's a lot of good music out there that either classifies itself as "hip hop" or uses a hip hop beat as its base, and none of it can be found at your local FYE or on the radio.
I've found some that is less annoying to me...but in general...no to most anything from the 90s up to present....Just not my style. Tho...I have to admit...some of Coolio's stuff did amuse me. Some of Snoop's stuff isn't so bad either.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
02-19-2010, 07:52 AM
"Stone in Love" and "Only the Young" are a few on a long list of great Journey songs.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
02-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintHazard View Post
Man, I LOVE Journey! My favorite song has to be "Enter Sandman." The solo is SO BAD*SS. I also like "No More Tears," and "Smells Like Teen Spirit."

When you say Enter Sandman do you mean the Journey/Metallica Mashup by Rock Sugar? Don't Stop The Sandman? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKeA3-n27t8 because that's a pretty damn good tune

As for Journey classics, I'll take Seperate ways http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbZRMLKozk

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
02-19-2010, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woebetide

When you say Enter Sandman do you mean the Journey/Metallica Mashup by Rock Sugar? Don't Stop The Sandman? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKeA3-n27t8 because that's a pretty damn good tune

As for Journey classics, I'll take Seperate ways http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQbZRMLKozk

thank you for this...never heard that mashup lmao...its epic!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
02-19-2010, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar_Corvus
thank you for this...never heard that mashup lmao...its epic!!

as for mashups heh well I'll leave you this one, its not journey but as a child of the 80's I love synth tunes
I'm an eclectic kinda guy but give me a good synth tune anyday this ones Eurythmics / Donna Summer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akqv4yg9JMo
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
02-19-2010, 08:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woebetide

as for mashups heh well I'll leave you this one, its not journey but as a child of the 80's I love synth tunes
I'm an eclectic kinda guy but give me a good synth tune anyday this ones Eurythmics / Donna Summer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Akqv4yg9JMo
Awesome! LMAO

I love all types of music...
right now Lights is my favorite.
She is gonna be my wife on day...and we are gonna have like...15 love children...


i got that mercenaries 2 song stuck in my head today...../sigh lol
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
02-19-2010, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekar_Corvus
Awesome! LMAO

i got that mercenaries 2 song stuck in my head today...../sigh lol
lol Oh No, Oh No, Oh No, You Didn't!

I was stupid enough to dl when those commercials came out....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
02-19-2010, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Problemz View Post
lol Oh No, Oh No, Oh No, You Didn't!

I was stupid enough to dl when those commercials came out....
I never bothered to try that game....how was it? lmao
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
02-19-2010, 08:31 AM
lol the game i have no idea, i was also talking about the stupid song. The song seemed more entertaining. heh
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:05 AM.