Lt. Commander
# 31
02-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaelinTerenes

"Good job Yamada Jiro"
Gai Daigoji, the name of my soul!

I have never had a more memorable character in such a short amount of time.

Ok Back on topic..

Moving power around, buying Engines, and weapons. that could be helpful... Also is it just me or do i have 3-4 types of currency?
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-17-2010, 12:16 PM
yes you have alot of diffent types of currency, merits, Energy Points and Badges of Honor and Exploration. If you go to the Shipyard on Spacedock and go upstairs you can turn in the Badges of Exploration for more uncommon and rare items that will give your ship the edge in fights.

Since using Exploration Badges to outfit my ship. Ive been able to cut through the missions in half the time.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-17-2010, 12:43 PM
I usually do a patrol sector, complete an episode, then explore mission or two, and defend a sector a couple times. Just make sure you keep getting the new missions from Hailing Starfleet because they really are what give you the most skill points.

Most episodes take approx an hour to complete and grant the most skill points when completed of all the missions. They're the ones with actual names, the majority of the rest are just patrol this sector or defend this sector

Patrols missions give some skill points from completing each system and then a big bonus at the end.

Explore and Defend missions are the repeatable grinds, and give fairly low skill points per explore or defend and than a decent bonus after you complete the mission.

As far as BO's go if you complete enough episodes you will get a full crew fairly fast. Completing explore missions is a quick and easy way to earn enough merits to get new bridge officers if you want though.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-19-2010, 07:36 AM
It's been said before but grinding to kill mobs doesn't work in this game. And trying to kill higher level mobs for more experience is even slower as they still only give 1-4 points and take longer. Check the rewards for missions and do those. Lastly fleet actions are really only useful for getting drops not exp.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-19-2010, 08:36 AM
This might be information overload but check this out.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=118581

This is as close to a game manual as you can get.

You are getting on the right track now. Spending skill points on yourself and your boffs. Changing weapons and learning when to shift your power around. In my opinion there are a few must have skills that will help your survivability. Again this is just my opinion so take it with a grain of salt! The science, Engineering and tactical teams provide great buffs for surviving things like alpha strikes and such.

Also: There are a couple of beginner quests that will give you some more boffs. They should have been available shortly after finishing the tutorial. Sorry I don't remember the names but you may already have them and just not done them yet.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerb333 View Post
Also: There are a couple of beginner quests that will give you some more boffs. They should have been available shortly after finishing the tutorial. Sorry I don't remember the names but you may already have them and just not done them yet.
The SS Azura and Patrol Vulcan Sector missions, the first two missions out of the gate, give out BOffs as rewards (one just a couple missions later.Stop the Signal?...Gives out either a BOff or a ship item.)

Though, it sounds to me like the OP needs to get out of the ship and bang on their XP bar with a hammer...it sounds like it's stuck.